Quantcast

Under the Radar

GMDesigns

Chimp
Sep 27, 2006
OH
I've been kinda flying under the radar lately. Busy trying to keep my regular business afloat. It hasn't been an easy year.

Regardless, I did build a couple frames and forks I'd like to share with you all.

This will be my race cruiser for next year. Aero butted DT and CS, butted tubing, slightly steeper HTA and slightly longer CS. Stealthy Aero fork as well...
I can't wait to try the new Liquid bars on this thing!

I built this frame with parts made from testing my fixtures. I had the curved seat stays laying around from the gray bike so I figured I'd use them.

This has the same geo as the Daily Driver and the gray bike:
74 HTA, 13.75 CS, 21.5" TT, 12" BB.

Notice the custom faceplate on the Fit stem...

I'll post some more pics of the black bike once I get the bars and the other parts swapped over.

Take care,
Greg

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
beautiful work as always, the new graphics on the grey bike are an improvement as well. Have fun riding them

GMDesigns

Chimp
Sep 27, 2006
OH
beautiful work as always, the new graphics on the grey bike are an improvement as well. Have fun riding them
Thank you Trib!
The frame in the first pic is actually matte black. The gray bike I was referring to is the charcoal bike I built previously.

I like the new decals as well.

Greg

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Great looking ladies once again! So you have a thing about 24s I take it? I gotta dig up your old thread and drool on all the key innovative pieces. Your daily looks almost like it, you still have it, right?

Ahhh, here we are for those that missed this gem.

Last edited:

jonfaure

Chimp
Feb 9, 2009
San Marcos CA
That things a beauty! Makes me want to start racing again! There are a couple of nationals in Chula Vista this next year. Maybe I'll show up if I can find a race bike to ride.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Makes me happy to see threads like this and the development of Cru's liquid bike company. Much rather look at these threads rather than pretty much any of the others on this site

GMDesigns

Chimp
Sep 27, 2006
OH
Thanks guys!
Yes, I still have the 26". She's retired now.

She had a minor make-over before leaving:

Fresh white powdercoat and some new NS District bars.

I did make a new flush top cap for her. It's 'see through' :)

She likes suede...

ServeEm, I like all sizes! I'm drafting V:2 of the 26 bike as we speak.

Stoked, Yep the seat clamp works fine. Originally I didn't ream the hidden aluminum clamp with the seat tube but now I do. I don't have to be dead nuts on the machining that way either.

Thanks again!
Greg

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Greg, I wanted to start by saying thanks for sharing your creations with the rest of us. In few words, you build rolling pieces of art! (and damn, you really make them rock, as we can see in your thread about the 26er).

I can barely wait for the second version of the 26...

Just a small doubt (if you don't mind me asking): how do you build/machine/make the head tubes with those beautiful integrated headsets???

Last edited:

GMDesigns

Chimp
Sep 27, 2006
OH
Just a small doubt (if you don't mind me asking): how do you build/machine/make the head tubes with those beautiful integrated headsets???
Slim, the headtubes on both white bikes I made from 1.75" OD 4130. It's the fork steerer tube that makes it look seamless.
Now the headtube on the black frame I purchased. For what I can buy it for, it's not worth it for me to make one. Actually I'll be buying my integrated headtubes from now on unless I need some crazy design.

Greg

GMDesigns

Chimp
Sep 27, 2006
OH
I've been meaning to make these drop outs for a while.

Sleeker, lighter, and already sold...

Note: They still need a rad. cut in the back for the fork leg.

I need to get going on another pair for the new bike...

Greg

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Slim, the headtubes on both white bikes I made from 1.75" OD 4130. It's the fork steerer tube that makes it look seamless.
Now the headtube on the black frame I purchased. For what I can buy it for, it's not worth it for me to make one. Actually I'll be buying my integrated headtubes from now on unless I need some crazy design.

Greg
Gotcha, Greg. Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer.

Again, kudos on your work!!!

Redbeard

Chimp
Jan 13, 2010
Greg, I wanted to start by saying thanks for sharing your creations with the rest of us. In few words, you build rolling pieces of art!
I just signed up on the forum to say the same thing!:thumb: Your bikes look very nice overall, but the real beauty is in the details. I wish I had your skill...and tools.:D