Quantcast

Unfortunate Names

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
My wife works in publishing; currently, she's an editor at a medical journal. She gets emails from people all over the world, often with some really funny names and phrases...one of her favorite-ever doctor's names was "Clemons Disco," from the Netherlands.

However, she got the name to top all names today...from Germany, apparently...Dr. "Oliver Khunt." I kid you not.

Reality. Sometimes it's awesome.

MD

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I used to know a guy named Richard Pinchoff. Swear to god. Thats funny on a few levels.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
A girl at the supermarket had a name plate of Yenny. I had to ask, but without being rude, the best question I could come up with was, "Does your name have any significance?"

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Processing paperwork I came across a certain Peter Littlewood (legal name).

I bust out laughing:D ....I am not sure how he survived grade school. :think:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
There was a client at a clinic I worked at in Nashville with the last name of Massengil.

A friend of my mom has the last name of Dick.

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
i once worked with a chick named Ginger Snapp. What the hell were some parents thinking? Or what were they on?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I always post the same ones and either they are not really funny or people don't believe that they are real names...

I work with Chris Hoare. Pronounced like "whore". We have parties at the Hoare House.

I used to work with Yolanda Ramclam. Now you can't tell me that the last name of RAMCLAM isn't funny.

There are also a few "Slutsky" people here too.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My old eye doctors name was Melvin P. Brain.

If my last name is Brain, and my middle name starts with P, I would not use it on EVERYTHING. It was on his door, office sign, cards, you name it. Either he found it funny himself, or he didn't get it.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
what about "richard johnson", aka "Dick Johnson", my family ate dinner wioth this guy not to far back

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I used to work with a guy named Richard Catcher - went by Dick. About once a week it would come over the PA system... "Dick Catcher, please report to... ".

Went to college with a kid name Larry Dick - big baseball player. Was in the local paper one day and they misprinted his name as Harry Dick.

I can't make this stuff up.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Top Hockey player at RIT for a while was

John Hiscock. he had cheerleaders in the crowd, yelling things...

"hiscock scored!"
"hiscock knocked the net loose"

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
I got a friend from Hong Kong named Dick Mahn. I asked him ...you mean your first name is Richard?...thinking that no person would want to be called Dick with a last name like that. No he says...given name is Dick Mahn.

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
i still think jack abramoff is funny

but there is a local small business owner her named frank finger and no **** he married a woman who's first name was gay...so her name was gay finger

also my mom used to work with a woman who's parents named her this...gay bois

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
There is some lady running for office locally who's last name is Cockburn and it was all over the F'ing place around election time.

She was running for a judge, imagine getting sentenced by Judge Cockburn? If yours didn't burn then it would be after a few days in the clink!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
Guy who lived on my Freshman floor had the best name ever. Mike Beers.
His son's will be proud!!!

Did he just go by his last name? I would!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Westy said:
He had to, there were 10 other people named Mike on the same floor.
There's always 10 other people named "Mike". And they all like chocolate cake and are weird in some way.