Quantcast

Unicycling?

Duffle

Chimp
May 9, 2005
Doing the MUni
Ha, no, I don't see pedaling working all too well...and you hold onto the seat to hop, so that might get a little wiggy. My seat is nice and soft though. well...relativly soft. Not miyata airseat soft *grumps*.

Duffle

Chimp
May 9, 2005
Doing the MUni
Nope. Platform pedals are pretty much standard. There are a couple people that use clipless pedals for racing (road/track), but for anything else it isn't the best idea. Falls can happen rather quickly, and being attached to your unicycle just doesn't always have good consequences. The pic attached is my new trials unicycle. It's my baby :-D

Attachments

Duffle

Chimp
May 9, 2005
Doing the MUni
Eh...that one is rather high end, and thusly expensive. It was around $475. Not bad when you consider that you actually can spend $1000 on a stock model and this was quite customized :-D.

Duffle

Chimp
May 9, 2005
Doing the MUni
Practice a lot. A whole lot. Heh. I learned using a big long fence and just riding back and forth, gradually using the wall less and less, and then you'll just be able to take off...err...pedalling. Also, hopping on a uni is much easier than riding, so if you want something to do inbetween those boring fall laden practicing you can mess around with that.

Duffle

Chimp
May 9, 2005
Doing the MUni
dirtjumpP.1 said:
noah is a crazy unicycler...
ps. i got my fork you wanna come and ride today, if it stops raining?
Heck yes! *looks outside* I think it stopped. I'll probably be out riding between 3:30 and 4, 'til whenever.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
A few questions:

1)Does it come in rootbeer?
2)Can it fit a 3.0 Gazzallodi
3)Can a fire extinguisher be added to it?
It also looks flexy.;):D.

Looks like fun, but I know I wouldn't be able to do it.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
Duffle said:
Heck yes! *looks outside* I think it stopped. I'll probably be out riding between 3:30 and 4, 'til whenever.
i have to get a new headset, so ill be out around 3:30, ill be at the jump.

Duffle

Chimp
May 9, 2005
Doing the MUni
You could probably get it powder coated rootbeer. or put scratch and sniff rootbeer stickers on it! No more 24x3" Gazz tire means no for the second, but I do have a 3" tire on my MUni (mountian unicycle). You could get a 26" MUni though, and then you could have your 3" gazz :P. And I see no reason why a fire extinguisher could not be stuck on there somehow. Maybe a tiny one under my seat, yes.

Duffle

Chimp
May 9, 2005
Doing the MUni
If I could do that I could go pro :P. I want that video...arr. Eventually.

Yes, you can go pro while unicycling. Kris Holm competes in bike trials comps :-D

D.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
There's a big Unicycle scene here in Wellington. Those are some crazy mofos. I seen 'em riding ledges on the top of skyscrapers. Nuts. Instant death. They all have Gazzas. See www.vorb.co.nz

Duffle

Chimp
May 9, 2005
Doing the MUni
*looks* Great, now I can't find where I answered it. It's a 19" trials rim with a 2.5" tire. That somehow is wider than a friend's 2.6. *shifty eyed glances*

Yeah, there was just a unicycle comp down in NZ, I think, or there's one coming up relativly soon. Makes me jealous. I have to go halfway across the country to go to any.

Duffle

Chimp
May 9, 2005
Doing the MUni
Only on the bottom. If it's flat it should be smaller, no? :P. It's nice and grippy this way, leave me alone. Besides, you want it almost flat for riding down handrails and stuff. Or the sides of benches. ha!

Duffle

Chimp
May 9, 2005
Doing the MUni
My haggard plywood has been applyed (ha, pun) to your attempts at a backflip. And I blame you, because I had to come home and take a shower to stop itching.