Quantcast

Unkle

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Anybody else get the new Unkle CD, "never, never, land"? It's really good. I got it on import and it seems to missing a few songs, judging from the website (remixes and such) but wow, what a good CD.

Listening to an unreleased bootleg of a live mix. Nothing like DMX mixed over tears for fears. Classic.

I guess shadow is no longer part of unkle...but damn, still rocks.

jace

Chimp
Sep 5, 2004
md/va
I also bought Never, Never Land on import last year...to be honest, I only thought it was "ok" , llacked the soul and ethereal qualities of the earlier stuff. On the other hand, I thoroughly enjoyed the previous japanese import, "Do Androids Dream Of Electric Beats?"

U.N.K.L.E. these days is essentially James Lavelle collaborating with whomever he fancies.

SpeedyObnox, U.N.K.L.E. is electronic music, what some would probably call trip-hop.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hahaha, cute, really

i didn't really it was that old, guess I'm living in the past.

PS. Do you feel the same way about shadow? I thought The private press sucked ass but endtroducing and even preemptive strike were amazing. I get the same vibe. Psience had the same early shadow-ish feel.

jace

Chimp
Sep 5, 2004
md/va
I appreciated Josh following his own path doing something different on The Private Press...and I like Brainfreeze and his other side projects as well but it really isn't even in the same stratosphere as his earlier work. Endtroducing was perhaps the album of a lifetime.