upcoming live music shows

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
narlus said:
that site looks like it's hours of entertainment

:thumb:

yea, it made for a good lunch read, although I do like some slipknot, and other stuff considered Nu-Metal.. But my tastes in other obscure metal make up for that.......

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
narlus said:
i bet "against the wind" is a staple in the Neurosis tour bus.

:think:

We had a bitchin' 70's 8 track tape boom box that we used back stage. We'd play old Hank Williams and Johnny Cash tapes on it.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
narlus said:
which is a far cry from bob seger and his chevy ads.
My daughter recently asked me if there were any stupid songs on the radio that I DIDN'T know all the words too. I told her to be quiet as I cranked up the Gerry Rafferty.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
narlus said:
"baker street" owns.

plus, how can you not like the ear-slicing pleasure that is "stuck in the middle with you"?
The Suicide Girls did a mock version of that scene in their show the other night. Except with naked chicks. It was cool.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
in honor of the 'good live shows' thread, i have dredged this up from the depths...

i haven't seen a show since The Soundtrack of Our Lives in Helsinki...i had planned to see Camper Van (bagged it after not wanting to wait it out) and Belle & Sebastian (wife had to go out of town, couldn't get a sitter, plus it was sold out), and i just found out about Ray Davies @ the Orpheum, but no good seats are left. i think we may try the day of the show; i'd like to see him.

i do have tickets for the Silver Jews on Mar 19, and then Robert Pollard later in April.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
jdschall said:
Ben Folds with the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra at the Meyerhoff. Nov. 11. Better be $%^$%$ good. I paid $50 a ticket.

You're seeing X? Awesome. One of my favorite bands of all times. I had Exene autograph my copy of Los Angeles at an Auntie Christ show. She's not one of your more friendly rockstars.

Ben Folds was pretty good. The sound sucked for the first 20 minutes of the show but improved through the show. That was somewhat surprising since the Meyerhoff is supposed to be one of the better acoustic spaces in the US. I guess I was a little disappointed in the show over all.

I also got a flat in downtown Baltimore on the night of the show and had to patch the tire before we could go home. That really sucked.

I completely forgot about seeing x. I remember looking at my calendar and saying oh poop! x was last night and I forgot.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
No immediate shows, but I'll be see the the Benevento/Russo Duo on April 5th (my b-day) and Dark Star Orchestra on May 10th. :thumb:

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
narlus said:
so what's on everyone's calendar? i've got:

- super furry animals (next monday)
- john cale (late nov)
- echo / bunnymen (nov - may or may not make this)
- X (early Dec)

should be good. :dancing:

Queen and Paul Rodgers. The chance to see Brian May play live and up close (I have great seats) will be worth the price of admission alone. I saw Queen at the Forum in LA on The Game tour in 1980 and it was one of the best produced and tightest sounding shows I've ever attended. I never saw Bad Co with Paul, but did see them in their "Holy Water" incarnation/tour and were surprisingly good. They were opening for Damn Yankees and seeing Ted play was truly a great experience. Ted may be outspoken or whatever, but that man can play guitar.

I was going to check ot MSG, but he cancelled his tour because his ex was promising to hassle him when he arrived stateside. One selfish skank, denying all Michael Schenker fans the opportunity to see him play. I'm still pissed about that.

I like guitar hero rock.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
This one looks mildly interesting...

McDowell Mountain Music Festival
Fri., April 28, 4 p.m.; Sat., April 29, 1 p.m.
With Los Lobos, The Pistoleros, Ozomatli, The Black Crowes, Son Volt, Buckwheat Zydeco, Billy Cioffi, Pete Ekstam, Philly Blunt, Walt Richardson & The Peaceful Warriors, Burning Spear, The Marshall Tucker Band, & more.
WestWorld of Scottsdale, 16601 N. Pima Rd. , Scottsdale

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
Trainwreck said:
This one looks mildly interesting...

McDowell Mountain Music Festival
Fri., April 28, 4 p.m.; Sat., April 29, 1 p.m.
With Los Lobos, The Pistoleros, Ozomatli, The Black Crowes, Son Volt, Buckwheat Zydeco, Billy Cioffi, Pete Ekstam, Philly Blunt, Walt Richardson & The Peaceful Warriors, Burning Spear, The Marshall Tucker Band, & more.
WestWorld of Scottsdale, 16601 N. Pima Rd. , Scottsdale
I saw Buckwheat Zydeco in Fruita, CO a couple of years ago. The local mountain bike patrol handled parking for a series of free concerts at the Fruita State Park and they played a show there. I wasn't a member of the bike patrol, but was there helping and got fed and free Fat Tire backstage for my efforts. What a fun band they are. Hey, mountain bike content!

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Tonight: Pig Destroyer/Bloody Panda/Wolf Eyes/Whitehouse
5/4: Isis
6/11: DRI

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Tonight in DC at the 930 Club, Brazilian Girls. The last time I saw them there they opened for Thievery Corporation's DJ set. I'm looking forward to seeing if Sabina Sciubba sings their entire set blindfolded again - so hawt :drool:.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Sarah Harmer tomorrow night

Built to Spill April 28

Glen Phillips May 15

I don't know I usually forget about them... I would love to see Glen Phillips though!!!