Quantcast

Update: whoops from 10/15/05

Grizzle

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
La Crescenta, CA
For those of you that remember, back in october i broke my leg on the kanter coaster with fiddy rider, and havent been able to ride since. Well, i got the screw out of my leg this last tuesday, And i did my first day of work today without the air cast on my leg, wearing a normal shoe. It was a little painful, as the muscles havent been used for a long time, but i managed. Now i get to start doing my rehab, so any advice people have about recovering from a broken leg would be appreciated. I just wanted to say thanks to fiddy rider for walking out with me, it sure sucked when it happened, and thanks to everyone else on the forums from the healing vibes and whatnot, im absolutely convinced that they helped speed my recovery. My goal is to be riding again within a month.:help: :drool: :drool: :drool:

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
glad to hear that its on the positive side,, whatever the rehab folks tell you ,, DO IT! do not slack at all.. i busted up my hand perty good a few years back. They told me it would never be 100% obviously. But they said it may not get much better than it has when i left rehab. It has gotten a bit better because i still work it and do the things they showed me.

Your leg probably has atrophied quite a bit. Get on higher protein diet and take vitamins along with calcium supplements. Its gonna hurt but you need to constantly keep working it. Pain killers arent always a good idea as they may mask it if your pushing too hard.