Quantcast

updated 2010 boxxer - any good now?

knax

Chimp
Nov 1, 2004
germany
what`s the deal with the updated 2010 boxxer? did rs manage to cure the problems many people had? i know that rs has worked on the sticky/clicking rebound cardridge, but did this solve the problem? also, did they change anything with the too tight bushings some people were complaining about?
i`m considering getting a 2010 boxxer team, but the mixed reviews it gets everywhere (some seem to love the fork, others just hate it) made me wonder if i`d be better off getting a fox 40...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I just picked up a used one, but I have no time on it. I can't speak to the performance, but:

The clicking was coming from play in the spring side. They released a slightly longer negative spring that took up that play and therefore the clicking.
There were some issues with the rebound assembly; they released a new rebound assembly and replaced them in affected forks.
Some were shipped without oil in them...I think that's a QC issue and is resolved now.

Moral of the story- old stuff had issues, RS has solutions in the works and I think they're free. New stuff should be fine. RS can probably tell you where the cutoff is.

The difference between this fork and the old one is pretty impressive. Everything is quite a bit smarter, right down to the new maxle.