Quantcast

Updates from Vigo - World Cup #1

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
what happened to acc and venessa quin? looks like marc beaumont is finally doing well!! he was like 9th overall last year.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
sayndesyn said:
Dang, Peaty is hella tough. Hannah in armor, weird...

the track looked hardpack and fast with rocks.

probablly a good idea

top to bottom look like you would be flying by the bottom of this strait
with the nasty lip hiden in the shade b/f you turn

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Cheers guys, glad I could keep you all posted on the "gossip" and results. It only takes 2secs to wip out the laptop and drop a quick post.

I saw Peaty and Sessler heading off this morning, thought they were going for toilet roll or beer or something.

Anyway I will be in Fort Bill in a few weeks for the next WC, will hopefully quailify for the top 80 there though so that means less updates and more riding for me.

Also Vanessa Quin damaged her wrist in here race run, not sure how, but that's the reason for her DNF.

As for Minnaar he had one hell of a crash up top, an Irish buddy of mine caught it on tape, so he showed it to Greg and Matti and Greg gave him his Shorts(he blamed the shorts for the crash), Alex Rankin is gonna "buy" the footage off him.

On the fast side of things Rennie and Kovarik were un-naturally fast through the last kink/dip/straight bit.BRAAAAAAAP.

I have some videos if someone wants to host them.

Adios

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Akula_7 said:
Cheers guys, glad I could keep you all posted on th
I have some videos if someone wants to host them.
[/B]
Adios
email them to me.
i will

bcdbcd -at- cableone dot net

Dec 25, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland
Akula_7 said:
Anyway I will be in Fort Bill in a few weeks for the next WC, will hopefully quailify for the top 80 there though so that means less updates and more riding for me.
Never fear, we will keep it up to the minute updated on descent-world, we need to get some practice in on the hill reporting for the Worlds in 2007:evil:

bomberboy11

Monkey
Jul 15, 2005
At a computer...duh
14 6 FRA19800726 BAREL Fabien FRA KONA LES GETS FACTORY TEAM 1:36.110 2:30.158 7.216
19 1 RSA19811113 MINNAAR Greg RSA TEAM G-CROSS HONDA 1:43.823 2:31.157 8.215

Abandon
17 AUS19821209 ATKINSON Bryn AUS

What happened to Minnaar and Barel? Thought they would have been top 5 or top 10 at least. And what does "Abandon" mean for Atkinson? Good to see Sick-Mick pinning again on the 'Dale.

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
All those wondering about Hannah + armour, he's sponno'd by one of the armour companies now as part of the larger "The Cut" deal (661 is at the front of my mind but not 100% sure) so wearing it helps him to secure "the mad cash, yo".

Also, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeuw!!!!!! Hannah!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Transcend said:
This is quite possibly the longest injury report I have ever had to type up after week 1!

http://www.transcendmagazine.com/archives/000591.html
Injury report sounds bad...
Is it coincidence? hard tracks? out of shape athletes? suspension getting worse?

Weird thing is, in all the spain pics I see more fans on course-which is weird because a couple noobs in here were telling me how sweet (spectator wise) fontana would be due to its closeness to L.A......never seen so little people watching a bike race.

Anyways, heal up racers~!

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
46 164 USA19870411 TOLAND Joshua USA 1:45.530 2:36.250 13.308

Josh Toland, 46th. Way to go Josh!

I wrecked in my qualifying run. The course was super fun, and definitely had some tough sections. 199 riders are listed on the qualifying results page. Mick was wearing Dainese armor, and Van Dine's visor fell down right before one of the toughest parts of the course, causing him to wreck in his qualifying run. Travis Bond also made it out , but just barely missed qualifying.

Tom Church

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Beacon, NY
Super stoked for Mick Hannah though, he's been deserving a win for a looong time
He's gonna be a major player this year...he's ona new team with a much better bike, a lot more support, and much better training. Should be a lot of fun to watch!!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
JohnnyC said:
Sucky weekend for the kiwis, as well as Vanessa and Scarlett, Justin Leov Sprained his shoulder and I hear Sam Blenkinsop broke his collarbone too!

Super stoked for Mick Hannah though, he's been deserving a win for a looong time
I have been around a long time, this weekend globally sounds like the worst ever for injuries...luckily nothing catastrophic, here is to quick healing.

ekozy39

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
bikenweed said:
46 164 USA19870411 TOLAND Joshua USA 1:45.530 2:36.250 13.308

Josh Toland, 46th. Way to go Josh!

I wrecked in my qualifying run. The course was super fun, and definitely had some tough sections. 199 riders are listed on the qualifying results page. Mick was wearing Dainese armor, and Van Dine's visor fell down right before one of the toughest parts of the course, causing him to wreck in his qualifying run. Travis Bond also made it out , but just barely missed qualifying.

Mick is wearing 661, not Dianese. I talked to him today ( he was calling for his contingency check!) and I mentioned the message board was hot as to whether he could finish after qualifying 1st. He laughed and said Rennie said the same thing. I forgot the exact number, but I think he said it was only the 2nd time he had qualified 1st so he thought it was funny that everyone thinks its so much more.

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
Where do you work?

ekozy39 said:
Mick is wearing 661, not Dianese. I talked to him today ( he was calling for his contingency check!) and I mentioned the message board was hot as to whether he could finish after qualifying 1st. He laughed and said Rennie said the same thing. I forgot the exact number, but I think he said it was only the 2nd time he had qualified 1st so he thought it was funny that everyone thinks its so much more.