Quantcast

Upgrade incoming! Duck and cover.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
All,

Just a heads up that we're working through the testing and development of an upgrade to XenForo 2. This is a major version upgrade with many breaking changes, so we're currently figuring out how to port all the existing functionality.

Unfortunately, the Reputation plugin has been out of support for years now, and right now I have no method to migrate it to the new platform. So, I'm afraid reputation is going away, but we can't sit on the old platform forever since it will no longer be receiving updates or support. Everyone seems to use the post reactions more frequently anyway, even though I'm annoyed that the short message function of reputation will no longer be there. I'll continue to look for a replacement.

On the plus side, I'm slightly widening the page width overall, and removing the sidebar for the thread view, so we should get a nice amount more content space for those of you browsing on actual computers.

Once we launch, I fully expect to continue making tweaks to the theme layout based on feedback, so if you channel your rage and fear of change into actionable suggestions, they will be discarded immediately considered carefully.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
No outage window scheduled yet, still working through some of the development and testing. I'm mostly making sure that, when you jackals notice the reputation button is missing, that I have something to point to and say, "I told you so."

I'm pretty freaking happy about the increase in content width, though.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
No outage window scheduled yet, still working through some of the development and testing. I'm mostly making sure that, when you jackals notice the reputation button is missing, that I have something to point to and say, "I told you so."
I would expect this go as the communications at work go, where you send multiple e-mails, post multiple updates on the intranet site, put up posters next to all of the timeclocks, send a goddamn paper mailer to their homes, and then when the change happens, a bunch of assholes bitch and moan that nobody told them about it. Goddamn it, work is pissing me off lately.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Right now we're projecting Wednesday to do the upgrade, assuming we can smooth out the few remaining styling quirks.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Will I somehow be compensated for the loss of my rep again? This will be very damaging to my emotional stability. I worked very hard at not being a dick for a very long time. Surely you have noticed?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Surely you have noticed?
Who are you?

In any event, yes, we will be mailing compensation checks. We only ask that you pay for postage.

The compensation formula will be weighted based on a ratio of rep:messages to properly compensate our most efficient members. ($10 * rep) / messages = compensation.

That means you will have earned $0.17. You can mail cash, check or money order for the $0.55 postage.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
[QUOTE="6thElement, post: 4356557, hidden Courtesy Phone forum.[/QUOTE] Dafug? You all have to hide shit from me? I am very hurt by this. I have been severely injured by your words.... I may have to take up Falconery. Then you guys better watch out....

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Dafug? You all have to hide shit from me? I am very hurt by this. I have been severely injured by your words.... I may have to take up Falconery. Then you guys better watch out....
Nate Romanowski's protégé.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
Who are you?

In any event, yes, we will be mailing compensation checks. We only ask that you pay for postage.

The compensation formula will be weighted based on a ratio of rep:messages to properly compensate our most efficient members. ($10 * rep) / messages = compensation.

That means you will have earned $0.17. You can mail cash, check or money order for the $0.55 postage.
at that rate it'll take me forever to get money for hookers and blow

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The upgrade is complete, but we're still addressing a few small issues. My availability is limited today, so some of these things are going to sit until tonight unless they're breaking bugs.

Please report anything you see here, including suggestions.

A fancy smiley is on the to-do list :monkeydance: