Quantcast

Upgrade incoming! Duck and cover.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, I tried to c&p my post (with pictures) in order to post to another forum. Used to be you could hit edit, and the post would be there in text (including picture html), I couldn’t do this just now. Is there another way to copy the whole post?

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Interesting, my pixel is logged out once a day, the password is not right, I need to create a new one each time it happens.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
So, I tried to c&p my post (with pictures) in order to post to another forum. Used to be you could hit edit, and the post would be there in text (including picture html), I couldn’t do this just now. Is there another way to copy the whole post?
The WYSIWYG editing isn't going to be compatible with all forums.

If you hit the gear on the right side of the toolbar while you're editing and select "toggle BB code," it'll present you the actual tags and stuff, which should be more friendly to more types of forums. It won't work everywhere, though.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The site is fine on my computer, but looking at it on my Android phone kinda sucks. There is no option to go to the last page in the thread and if you click on a thread and scroll to the bottom you literally have to click through the entire thread to get to the last post. Of course there is always the chance that I am missing something obvious, but there is no way I am clicking through 1204 pages to get to the last post in the Random Picture Thread.:eek:

View attachment 135805View attachment 135806View attachment 135807
I switched over to the fully numbered page navigation so there should be a more traditional pagination layout at the bottom of every thread page now.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Is there some file-character limit on attached images? I tried to attach a couple images from my phone and it said some shit like "image file format unsupported" or some bullshit. I shortened the names from my laptop and had no problem...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Testing with:

fancy_smiley_long_filename_fancy_smiley_long_filename_fancy_smiley_long_filename_fancy_smiley_long_filename_fancy_smiley_long_filename_fancy_smiley_long_filename.png

fancy_smiley_long_filename_fancy_smiley_long_filename_fancy_smiley_long_filename_fancy_smiley_...png

edit: @SkaredShtles seems okay. If you can be more specific, I can try more specific tests.

Testing with imbecile.user_imbecile.user_imbecile.user_imbecile.user_imbecile.user_imbecile.user_imbecile.user_imbecile.user_imbecile.user_imbecile.user_imbecile.user_imbecile.user_imbecile.user_imbecile.user_imbecile.user_imbecile.user_imbecile.user_imbecile.user_imbecile.user_imbecile.user_imbecile.user_imbecile.user
:monkeydance:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
not sure if it's been reported yet, but the functionality for collapsing / hiding certain subforums is buggered. they will collapse, but they don''t stay collapsed.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
yo . . . @binary visions - wtf is the "points" system, how does it work, why does it seem to have been capped at 113 for many years, and why is it still here if rep is not? :confused:
The "points" system is something we never really configured and implemented, it relates to a trophy system that XenForo has built in, where you accumulate points for certain things (e.g. first post, accumulating 10 likes, stuff like that). I thought I had disabled it, but it looks like the upgrade reenabled it.

You've capped out because we've never configured any additional trophies, so basically every long term member has accumulated all of the possible awards.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
not sure if it's been reported yet, but the functionality for collapsing / hiding certain subforums is buggered. they will collapse, but they don''t stay collapsed.
Immediately uncollapse, or after a refresh/moving in the navigation? I can make it work for me, can you try clearing your cookies? That data is stored in user cookies.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
One additional suggestion - the divider between threads with new content and the rest is rather difficult to see easily, especially on a phone where the height of the rows is uneven. Can something be done with it, i.e. giving it a darker background?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
That's kind of dark now. Something in between?

:D

(Just kidding. I don't really care, and now the layout is pretty decent.)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Dropping this sticky for now. Feel free to continue to supply feedback, either in this thread or the Support forum.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Did anyone like the tiny avatars displayed in the "last post" column?

I felt like the discussion list page looked like icon vomit, so I hid them. Bueno? No bueno?

Before:
1565097637991.png

After:
1565097665006.png