Quantcast

Upper body protection

GPERKINS

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Timberlake
I'm going to buy a new upper body suit for next season, and with so many on the market these days. I have no idea which one to buy.

So what suits do you guys run? what is the most slim fitting and lightest suit I can buy without spending 400 bucks?

Thanks guys,

Austin

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
661 pro pressure suit. Its a slim fit with decently low profile pads. I guess you could call it light weight as well

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
The Fox Launch Suit, had 2 of them already:

They run a bit small so get a size bigger. also, i cut the sleeves and make sit short Sleeved for those extremely hot days.... but i learnt my lession for not riding with out elbow protections... lol

Really light weight and i'm picking up another for next season....

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
has anyone used the 09 TLD Descender protector ?
Yeah, I have one and love it. Very light yet offers protection that stays in place. The spine is very short, so if you feel like you need a full back protector, this isn't for you. They run slim, similar to the 661 Pro Pressure suit, but is actually less bulky and lighter.

doglog

Chimp
Jan 4, 2009
yo matey,

some mates and i all have 661 suits and they are awesome - the pro one that is - the red one makes you feel like robocop.

djivotno

Monkey
Oct 3, 2008
I've got a 661 Pro PS and being the gorilla type upper build that I am, I still find the sleeves too long, and the straps on the sleeves too. So they end up longer and loose -> they spin a bit, but when i shortened the straps it was all great and did not move that much. Good cooling too.

I've had a Race Jacket Full before and it was great for me, so if i decide to change the Pro PS it'll be with either that again or an Assault PS

:cheers:

GPERKINS

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Timberlake
Thanks guys. I will go ahead and invest in the 661 Pro pressure suit, as it seems like the weight and bulkyness is less then others from what you guys have told me.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
you can get a dainese impact race jacket at www.wiggle.co.uk for under $200.
Nice deal, thanks.

Anyone know about sizing for the Dainese stuff? I'm just under 6' with a 36" chest (skinny dude) which puts me anywhere between a S and an XL with their sizing charts. Normally I'd go with a medium, but I don't want to wind up having the arms too short. I'm a medium in the 661 pressure suit, for reference.

Looks like the medium is out of stock in their impact shorts or I'd pick those up as well.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
I'm a little over 6"1', also skinny and just needed an L for the gladiator suite, else things would get too tight in the chest and shoulders area. Wouldnt worry that much about the arm length, should only be afraid of having them too long.
Thanks, that's what I was looking for. I'll probably go with a medium then...makes more sense to go with the chest measurement.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I have a L dainese suit and at 5'11 the size is a little small on me, in particular the chestal region. It fits fine through the arms, but the chest plate tends to ride up. I am not skinny though.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
The POC stuff looks great. Do we have an idea when it will actually be available in the US?

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Dangggggg... I want that so bad. I wonder how much they are going to go for. I want a new pressure suit, and am kind of looking at a 661 pro, but that thing is so low profile looking. Not to mention, it kind of looks cool I think.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Dangggggg... I want that so bad. I wonder how much they are going to go for. I want a new pressure suit, and am kind of looking at a 661 pro, but that thing is so low profile looking. Not to mention, it kind of looks cool I think.
It does look really nice. Much more form-fitting and light than the regular 661 suit I'm currently using. Hope this isn't one of these things that takes forever to make it to the US.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Here is mine

EVS Ballitic jersey BJ22 ultra x. I will give you a report after I ride with it this weekend
Damn, I should have brought this to Iraq with me the last time. Do you plan on constantly rolling down huge sharp boulders over and over again all summer?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Ha, its actually pretty damn comfy, breathes well, and fits my fat ass properly. Only part that is really overkill is the shoulder pads. But hey its meant to be something that works with DH, and Motocross. Feels alot like the 661 did when it was new