Quantcast

UPS came to see me today(finally!!!!)

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Nice lookin frame, did you send it to them to re-do and go over or is it a crash replacement of somesort?

How long have you been waiting?

Build that puppy up!

Mallet

Chimp
Originally posted by slcpunk21
:thumb:

details on the build up! :D
Here are the specs:

Manitou 6-way Swinger
Manitou Dorado
D321's with Sun Ringle hubs
Intense tires
Hayes Mag Dh's
XTR Shifters/Rear Derailleur
Truvative Hussefelt cranks/rings/BB
MRP
Atom Lab Air Corp pedals
Azonic bars, seat

Cant wait to get home monday nite so I can start putting it together.

Mallet

Chimp
Originally posted by Spunger
Nice lookin frame, did you send it to them to re-do and go over or is it a crash replacement of somesort?

How long have you been waiting?

Build that puppy up!
I sent my '02 in to be warrantied and they sent me back this beauty instead. Total time from when I shipped to return was just under 30 days.

I have to pick up 2 parts from Universal Cycles on tues morning, then it's on!

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
Originally posted by Mallet
I sent my '02 in to be warrantied and they sent me back this beauty instead. Total time from when I shipped to return was just under 30 days.

A couple of years ago, I ovalized my SLX head tube. I sent it back to them, and the same day they recieved the front triangle, they sent me a new front triangle and sea mast (they said my other seat mast wasn't compatible with the 5th, which I purchased aftermarket).

Great service, quick, and respectful.

That's why I got a Spider a few months ago. A great bike and a company that stands behind their product.

:D

Joe

Monkey
Dec 5, 2003
HoyHoy
You spoil your kid something rotten! I wish i had a dad like you. Have you got some stabilisers for it yet then!

nice bike btw

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003

Just out of curiousity, what did you do to it? Break the headtube?

Mallet

Chimp
Originally posted by Spunger
Just out of curiousity, what did you do to it? Break the headtube?
Actually, I dented the front triangle behind the head tube and bent the right chain and upper stays. I sent it in for repairs and next I knew, they were sending me back a new one. Intense gets an A+++ for customer service on this one. :thumb:

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
good, a many a bikes have been ruined by that seat... u got some small tires there, says u live in NY, ur a mudder... strange, i live in CT and couldnt imagine doing things with dry tires..

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
LOL!!
I am picking up a new seat tomorrow. I'm getting this one........
you probably shouldn't go for one of those...
the rails are terribly soft and won't hold up to anything but trail riding... I'd suggest going w/ something w/ steel rails.

anyone back me up here....?

Mallet

Chimp
Originally posted by mack
good, a many a bikes have been ruined by that seat... u got some small tires there, says u live in NY, ur a mudder... strange, i live in CT and couldnt imagine doing things with dry tires..
Thats actually my backup wheelset which has the 2.35 Intese rubber on it. I was riding some stuff here in Oregon today and it was a bit messy. I normally prefer a 2.7/2.5 front rear combo.

When I was back in NY full time, I think I singlehandedly kept Nokian Tyres in business buying Gazzoladdi 3.0's, the official tire of Plattekill.