Quantcast

upstate newyork riders/riding?

Sep 24, 2004
moving to upstate new york soon and looking for riders in the area. will probably base out of watertown/ft. drum area so if you are somewhat nearby and/or know some riding spots please let me know :).

thanks,
-Kim

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
That's really upstate! I actually snowmobile in that area (our family has a camp) but I haven't been mountain biking up there. I am in the Saratoga Springs area and if you're ever in town, let me know as we have some GREAT riding locally. There is some riding in Syracuse (about an hour south), Lake Placid has good XC, road and DH (about 2-2.5 hours east), and Rochester area has some good riding, but that's further (3 hours).

mtbikerbob

Chimp
Jul 28, 2008
Syracuse, NY
Kim,

I am in Syracuse, which is about 1 hour south of Watertown and there are several places to ride between here and there. Unfortunately I am not aware of any place in Watertown. Check out bikeloft.com under the CNY DIRT area for a guide of local trails.

Bob

monkeyedup

Chimp
Nov 7, 2007
Thompson Park , Watertown
Info at Black River Adventure in Watertown or Check out BikeLoft.com,CNYDirt Ride Guide

Sep 24, 2004
thanks all for the tips :). i only have my bmx bike with me but hope to get my mtb shipped out soon before the snow falls. i heard it can quite harsh as far as winters go in comparison to the pnw. haven't really found that much to do outside of drinking here but will continue the search. i'd like to get out into the adirondacks at least for some scrambles but know there is also some downhill mtb at whiteface mtn.
-Kim

Sep 24, 2004
hey...bumping this post as it's getting nicer out and i'm getting itchy to get out on the trails :). looking for riders in the ft drum/watertown area, trail info, stores, etc.

thanks,
-Kim