Quantcast

Upstate SC Freeride trail?

WODIE

Monkey
Jul 14, 2007
Inman/Clemson, SC
So ive heard there is a freeride trail in Woodruff, SC. I think i was told about it a guy named Rick. Anyway, does anyone have directions or maybe a google map location or something?

DWC

Chimp
Jun 8, 2007
WODIE,

I'm in Spartanburg and haven't heard anything before, care to share some info?

Thanks,
Daniel

WODIE

Monkey
Jul 14, 2007
Inman/Clemson, SC
i posted in the freeride forum just cause its a freeride trail but i've got the info though. should be hitting it up friday with the knight bros

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
There is not much ou there, plus Rick has been gone for months now. I don't think anyone is keeping them up. There are a few jump lines and gaps to hit, but that is all. I had more fun in a day riding the Clemson DH trail. I could be wrong and someone else to working them.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
There is not much ou there, plus Rick has been gone for months now. I don't think anyone is keeping them up. There are a few jump lines and gaps to hit, but that is all. I had more fun in a day riding the Clemson DH trail. I could be wrong and someone else to working them.

I'd say it's more a matter of whether you're down to hit it or not. Rick had the whole DJ line (like a 10 pack) going at the bottom of the slalom line when he left. Plus the stepdown into the big wall and the stepdowns at the other side. There's actually a lot of stuff out there but a lot of it is steep and deep bmx style dirt jumping and big gaps.

On another note, where are the g'ville guys dirt jumping these days? I'm about to be home for thanksgiving, somebody pm me.

WODIE

Monkey
Jul 14, 2007
Inman/Clemson, SC
awesome, i cant wait to hit it. we're actually in the process of making a freeride trail near our dh trail in clemson but i really just wanted to go check out this other local trail for a few ideas and stuff.

rmb_mike

Chimp
Sep 18, 2007
awesome, i cant wait to hit it. we're actually in the process of making a freeride trail near our dh trail in clemson but i really just wanted to go check out this other local trail for a few ideas and stuff.
Speaking of your trails in Clemson, what happened to you guys' website (clemsonfreeride.com)? It seems to be expired.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
I'd say it's more a matter of whether you're down to hit it or not. Rick had the whole DJ line (like a 10 pack) going at the bottom of the slalom line when he left. Plus the stepdown into the big wall and the stepdowns at the other side. There's actually a lot of stuff out there but a lot of it is steep and deep bmx style dirt jumping and big gaps.

On another note, where are the g'ville guys dirt jumping these days? I'm about to be home for thanksgiving, somebody pm me.
Same ones we have always had man. You know my #, you can always call me. Plus I want to hit up that DH trail you had told me about near you fokes house.

WODIE

Monkey
Jul 14, 2007
Inman/Clemson, SC
yeah apparently our subscription to the server or whatever has run out and noone paid to keep it going. i'm looking into getting it back up and running. maybe a revamp on the website but i'm not sure how forums work yet.. as for the trail i was referring to, i went out there and raked out the slalom trail. it was a blast. a couple other guys and i hit it for a while but we didnt do the stupid step down stuff because we were too busy having fun on the slalom to want to rake out another trail. some nice stuff out there though and definitely worth the trip

rmb_mike

Chimp
Sep 18, 2007
WODIE,
What is the standard protocol someone like me would have to follow if I ever wanted to come down there and ride the Clemson FR and DH trails?
A couple of my boys and myself here in Nashville were pondering doing some trail hopping in that area next spring. Maybe hit the Clemson trail, then the one in Woodruff (if it's in good shape), then go up to Lincolton and hit Pee Wee's up(not all in the same day of course).

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
WODIE,
What is the standard protocol someone like me would have to follow if I ever wanted to come down there and ride the Clemson FR and DH trails?
A couple of my boys and myself here in Nashville were pondering doing some trail hopping in that area next spring. Maybe hit the Clemson trail, then the one in Woodruff (if it's in good shape), then go up to Lincolton and hit Pee Wee's up(not all in the same day of course).
You can just go ride it when you want to. The trails are open to the public.

WODIE

Monkey
Jul 14, 2007
Inman/Clemson, SC
WODIE,
Its on public land (actually owned by Clemson University) so feel free to come ride it. Hopefully we'll have our freeride trail done by the time you come down. With some luck we'll have our website back up and running again to give you directions to the place so just check that before you plan to come.