Quantcast

Urban hard tail frames...

J

JRB

The DS version is only $429, but the geo may be a little whacky. Not stuck on tabs now, Ciaran. I saw the light this morning.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Those Woodman frames are dang nice. If it was me, I'd be looking at the Woodman, the Evil DOC, or the .243 SL (it's lighter then the FR version).

J

JRB

yeah - it turns out that the Woodman is the same frame for both, but a different size. I don't like the 1.5 HT, but I can get reducers I guess. I am liking the Woodman.

J

JRB

I hope not, narlus. I am pretty sure I want Woodman hubs next time I buy.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Pick up a steelhead for like $100 brand new. That way when you figure out your too old and broke to ride street, you won't have spent $1000+ on a bike you just have to sell in 2 months. :rolleyes:

J

JRB

jimmydean said:
Pick up a steelhead for like $100 brand new. That way when you figure out your too old and broke to ride street, you won't have spent $1000+ on a bike you just have to sell in 2 months. :rolleyes:
If I hate it, it won't be any different than anything else I had to lose my ass on. :D

J

JRB

I left Ben a voicemail and sent an email. That would be sweet to get that Woodman D-S for 10% off, but I'll bet it's not in stock. The shop is getting me a price on an STP. I may have him get a price on the Woodman frame from BTI too.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Frankly, I think the adjustable verticle dropout on the Evil is a much nicer solution than the horizontal dropouts. Just MHO, of course.

J

JRB

meh - I just got this from Soul and I think I may just wait. I thought it was a nice gesture.

Chad said:
Due to the rain and high humidity paint is at a standstill. Our painter will not paint our product until it dries out. When the weather is like this curing can take up to 2 days which leaves too much chance for airborne particles to contaminate the finish. We hope to have it ready at the end of the week.

Sorry for the delay,

Chad

J

JRB

If they would send a raw frame, I do have a paint line I could put it on. :think:

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
loco said:
meh - I just got this from Soul and I think I may just wait. I thought it was a nice gesture.
Not to trash Soul Cycles, but that's BS. ANY paint shop worth a crap has a paint booth that bakes and it doesn't matter if its raining or not. Also, it may be different now but they used to have their frames powdercoated at a shop in Tempe called Signetix. I had stuff powdercoated from the same shop several years ago and the quality was CRAP. The finish literally peeled off after about 6 months.
That being said, I am selling my Titan. It's like new and I'll make you great deal on it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
loco said:
If they would send a raw frame, I do have a paint line I could put it on. :think:
Foes sent me a butt-nekkid Fly to shoot for a local rider to sport at the Oregon Games freeride comp (Chevy Orange with Gold metal flake clear). Most companies are asses about it, I was impressed by how well they handled it all.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
binary visions said:
Frankly, I think the adjustable verticle dropout on the Evil is a much nicer solution than the horizontal dropouts. Just MHO, of course.
i think it's the best solution.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Found the perfect bike for ya: D'oh... Ciaran beat me to it!

Sucks to hear about the whole 'Soul Cycle' thing... looks like I was proven wrong.

I checked out that Woodman D-ml frame too... that thing looks nice. However when I emailed some questions to the company, they only responded to one of my (several) questions. I sent them a follow up w/out any response. So I would watch out, you may end up with a bad situation with that one.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Slugman said:
Found the perfect bike for ya:
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2031495#post2031495

Sucks to hear about the whole 'Soul Cycle' thing... looks like I was proven wrong.

I checked out that Woodman D-ml frame too... that thing looks nice. However when I emailed some questions to the company, they only responded to one of my (several) questions. I sent them a follow up w/out any response. So I would watch out, you may end up with a bad situation with that one.
Hah! My ninja posting skills beat you to the punch!

In all seriousness, that's a dang nice frame. Very underrated. I rode it on the street a bit before getting my .243 and it was very comfortable. Light too, and the pink paint is easy to cover. Of course if Loco is really cool he'll rock the pink.

J

JRB

If only the HA on this was more like 69 instead of 71.5. If I don't buy potroast's titan, I may get one of these anyway.