Quantcast

US National Champs course

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Christopher Herndon has been working non-stop all summer long on it. It will be a blast. And southern BBQ is the best. :thumb:

Beech has also converted their lifts to the same system as Whistler and opening a bike park next year. 4 bike carriers.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Psssh. Looks flexy. ;)

Actually looks super fun, makes me consider taking a little East Coast Hardcore vacation to race that bad larry.

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
When I first heard the location I wasn't sure. But these pictures look pretty good. Looks like a great track.

Too bad I'm all the way out in CO, if it was on the west coast somewhere I would definitely race.

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
Do we know if it's a UCI race?

I've heard rumors that it wouldn't be for UCI points as it's outside the date range normally held for National Champs.

-KT

jnooth

Monkey
Sep 19, 2008
Vermont Country
does anyone know if CAT 1 and pro race the same course. The titles on some of the pictures make it seem as if that is the case but in years past they have been separate.

the course looks awesome!

jnooth

Monkey
Sep 19, 2008
Vermont Country
Awesome. there is no reason to have cat one on the (beginners track). not because they are to good for the course but being on the same course as the pros will make the transition from Cat 1 to pro much easier.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Awesome. there is no reason to have cat one on the (beginners track). not because they are to good for the course but being on the same course as the pros will make the transition from Cat 1 to pro much easier.
Junior and Cat 1 racers up to 49 will be on the Pro track. However, it's not a beginner course, it's an amateur course. I know that as a 42 year old Cat 1 racer my transition to Pro isn't likely going to happen because I race the Pro track. :p

Big J

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Chicago
^^

My understanding is that the Cat1 guys will race the Pro course, with the exception of exceptionally old Cat1 guys (40+ or maybe 50+ as the cut off).
50+ cut off....:think:....that's not right, what our walkers make too much noise in the rock garden?

J

Last edited:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
I have been racing on Beech Mt for years. I can contest that this MT is legit!! I have heard nothing but great things that Chris and the Crew have been doing up there from Andrew Muller (AKA one of the Crew). The Mt. has a lot and I mean "A Lot" of natural rock. Back in the early 2000's it had one of the biggest and longest Rock Garden's in a DH Race on the East Coast. I helped with others here in the South clear it out. I also raced most of the East Coast races back then too. Chris picked out all the best areas of the MT and made it RAD!!!! Yes I said that. We never had the time or man power like he has now to build on that Mt. It will become one of the Premier Mt's to ride over the next few years on the East Coast!!!

If you can make it to Nationals, I would come. Beech Mt will also be hosting a Pre-Nationals Race this month on the 27th. Look in the South Forum. It also is a Qualifier for the Big Race too for everyone that has not Qualified.

Hope to see you there,
Cecil

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I received oral pleasure for the first time in the woods by the slalom track at Beech.
Jr. racing is awesome.

Without dual slalom and Beech Mountain I'd still be a virgin.

Tedman

Monkey
Oct 27, 2009
Lebanon, PA
OMG!!! That track is gorgeous. This will be by far the best track I have ever rode. Can't f*cking wait to lay treads in that hill!

MFrider

Monkey
Jul 10, 2009
The East
OMG!!! That track is gorgeous. This will be by far the best track I have ever rode. Can't f*cking wait to lay treads in that hill!
Hope your parents can bring you.... (not sure how old you are, but this post makes you sound like you are about 12)

Keep up the good work in NC guys, I see this becoming a successful bike park, something the south really needs. A lot of talented riders down there and if this place takes off the talent pool will definitely grow in the south.

Jan 21, 2006
Boone, NC
:rofl: :rofl:

Anyways, as an injured local I am super amped to see all of you rip this track to pieces. I know Herndon has been stressin' hard to make sure the track is up to everybody's standards. He used the best of what Beech has to offer so I think you guys are going to have a blast :thumb: