Quantcast

us nationals

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
just starting a thread.

i'm going tomorrow to check out the courses and figure out if i'm entering cat 2 or cat 1.

any other monkeys going or racing?

will post vids here as they emerge on teh medias.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I was just about the only spectator for ds nationals on Friday. It’s a crime that there is a “whip off” at nats, and that it was prime-time Saturday at 5:30.
Races are for racing!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I was just about the only spectator for ds nationals on Friday. It’s a crime that there is a “whip off” at nats, and that it was prime-time Saturday at 5:30.
Races are for racing!
awww c'mon. there were a good number of spectators, me included cheering for my man will murray. were you there all weekend? sorry we didn't connect!

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
With the weather patterns we’ve been having, i skipped everything except slalom day to go build trail.

The mood was subdued and somber already on Friday. Yesterday was surreal just experiencing via spotty data connections working in the woods a few miles away. Two of my friends were lined up behind the deceased.
I wish I could hug the mountain bike community at once.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
What happened?

Condolences to the family.

Last edited:

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
To be injured of and on for that long and come back 3rd on the day is nuts. I would have laid money on ASA winning but I would have never expected Gwin to be that close to ASA.
Over a second is alot but ASA is the future and Gwin has never been one to lay it on the line outside the World cup.
Although a sub 2 minute course at Rock Creek has very little in common with a WC track, its exciting to see Gwin that up to speed.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
To be injured of and on for that long and come back 3rd on the day is nuts. I would have laid money on ASA winning but I would have never expected Gwin to be that close to ASA.
Over a second is alot but ASA is the future and Gwin has never been one to lay it on the line outside the World cup.
Although a sub 2 minute course at Rock Creek has very little in common with a WC track, its exciting to see Gwin that up to speed.
windrock (which gwin owns) isn't ridiculously far from rock creek (roughly 3 hours), so i suspect he rides there from time to time. might have been an advantage for him. not to discount him coming off strong from an injury, but given his history i think gwin doesn't start racing again after an injury until he's sure he's ready. good to see him on the pointy end of things for sure.

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
windrock (which gwin owns) isn't ridiculously far from rock creek (roughly 3 hours), so i suspect he rides there from time to time. might have been an advantage for him. not to discount him coming off strong from an injury, but given his history i think gwin doesn't start racing again after an injury until he's sure he's ready. good to see him on the pointy end of things for sure.
Hoping for a miracle mile for Gwin in Andorra or St Anne. It would be nothing short of that with the way Pierron is riding. i still can't compute those winning margins in my head. 2 legendary runs like that back to back has to have everyone scratching their heads.