Quantcast

US Open at Killington this weekend

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Or it was a 5 minute track that was pretty tech and slick as shit after torrential rains and it spaced people out....seems like a great track to me. Would love to ride it—not sure if I wanna race it.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Real talk though - where were all the top tier WC riders? Don't people normally make an appearance at the open? I like neko, but he's hardly regular top 10 material. Luca Shaw didn't even go? Isn't Killington hoping to host a WC? What gives?

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
I was hoping to see a lot more big names as well. I wonder with MSA next weekend, some guys didn’t want to risk getting hurt. It was a gnarly course, and with all the rain, it looked brutal. It might be smarter for them to do it the weekend after next year.

Last edited:

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
Whoever was in charge of the event marketing should be fired, almost zero hype. That said the Course looked legit and would love to see The Beast hold a WC on that course. I remember back in the early 2000's You would get the cream of the crop of world cup talent. They need to boost the prize money and racers will show.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Real talk though - where were all the top tier WC riders? Don't people normally make an appearance at the open? I like neko, but he's hardly regular top 10 material. Luca Shaw didn't even go? Isn't Killington hoping to host a WC? What gives?
I was hoping to see a lot more big names as well. I wonder with MSA next weekend, some guys didn’t want to risk getting hurt. It was a gnarly course, and with all the rain, it looked brutal. It might be smarter for them to do it the weekend after next year.
Given the weather and the fresh cut course it's possible thay may have discouraged people from attending, may not have wanted to risk injury the week before a world cup.

I saw in one of the race reports that one of the wc racers opted not to start due to conditions.

Nov 24, 2017
there was a cool event that went down on the first day in the stash park at killington- a build it and race it dual slalom course through the stash park trail and ended at the cabin. it was misty/raining weather, but dudes were having a blast with it. eventually an edit will surface on the bull's channel, but who knows when that will be.