Quantcast

US OPEN Gallery @ gravitypilot.net

SPUTNECK

Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Raleigh, NC
thanx, and the ones where the exposure is blown out is due to me not looking at my settings....But the effect is kinda cool on a limited basis. I shoot with a Digital Rebel so it does most of the work itself...a remote flash(which I don't have) would make life a bit easier and the shots cleaner.....so basically I just did a pint(point) and shoot or I used manual focus to gain a depth of field and focus on a particualr point in the distance and shoot the subject when they were entering or exiting the focus field.

sput-

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
sweet I'm 75 and 76...are these full resolution? Just wondering if you have higher quality versions. Sweet shots for sure! Thanks :thumb:

SPUTNECK

Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Raleigh, NC
email me at pix@gravitypilot.net with the picture number and I can send you back the high rez file....they are shot with a 6mp Canon rebel, so beware the files are upwards of 5-7mg's..attached is how close you can get on them.

Sput-

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
dante said:
sweet pictures!! :thumb:

(looks like I'll have to bump up to open/pro next year to get in more photos. what's the opposite of sandbagging? :confused: )
I think they call it "getting in the way" :thumb:

SPUTNECK

Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Raleigh, NC
dante said:
sweet pictures!! :thumb:

(looks like I'll have to bump up to open/pro next year to get in more photos. what's the opposite of sandbagging? :confused: )

Yeah, its a challenge shooting and practicing/racing the same class....maybe I should step up and be in Bizutch's way...and then shoot everyone else :evil:

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
SPUTNECK said:
email me at pix@gravitypilot.net with the picture number and I can send you back the high rez file....they are shot with a 6mp Canon rebel, so beware the files are upwards of 5-7mg's..attached is how close you can get on them.

Sput-
hey...did you get my email yesterday? if not, and you get a chance, please send 75,76,115,and 295 to jay@jayseiter.com

Thanks!! :thumb:

SPUTNECK

Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Raleigh, NC
I sent out all 4 pix on 2 emails. Do you know your inbox limit, it may be exceeded.

If so I can compress them a bit more to trim files size...right now every photo is 4-5mg each.

Sput-

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
hmmmm...not sure of my limit...prob not big enough though...lets try compressing them. or if you can keep decent quality and make them less than 1 mb...you could upload to www.imageshack.us and send me links. Thanks for your help!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
dante said:
yahoo mail has a 1GB limit and they don't spy on you either... :thumb:
hah hah...yeah...funny stuff. it's cool though. I like the folders and threads gmail creates along with the search function for finding crap buried 6 months ago in your email.
I still use my hotmail for the most part tough.....they just upped their storage bigtime too. when one gets tough, the others fold. :sneaky:

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
bizutch said:
hah hah...yeah...funny stuff. it's cool though. I like the folders and threads gmail creates along with the search function for finding crap buried 6 months ago in your email.
I still use my hotmail for the most part tough.....they just upped their storage bigtime too. when one gets tough, the others fold. :sneaky:
how does one get a gmail account?

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
SPUTNECK said:
I sent out all 4 pix on 2 emails. Do you know your inbox limit, it may be exceeded.

If so I can compress them a bit more to trim files size...right now every photo is 4-5mg each.

Sput-
ok i set up a gmail account... seiter.j@gmail.com should have no problem sending the pics there...sorry for all the hastle and thank you butch for the invite to gmail :thumb: