Quantcast

USBC Video Teaser

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
morethanjake543 said:
I haven't seen any of the recent park comps, only the big name freeride videos, but you have no idea how refreshing it is to see real park riding on 24s.

I couldn't agree more.

nice video

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
Thanks for the compliments guys, That video was shot literally in 30-40 minutes...basically he landed everything first try- the sequence on the box at the end was really a sequence with no interuption up until he was trying the 540 to half cab out and got a little upset...LOL

Joe has been on fire lately and we are saving the really good stuff....

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Very nice vid Lee! Joe in that vid reminds me of Dave Fremuith w/ the style and tech tricks. That 360 disaster was cool - he spins fast!

Is all that shot at Rays? And was that a Dropkick Murphys song? Mind if I post the link on some other boards?...

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
Don,

Please post the link where ever you like, it is a Dropkick Murphies song the "Workers Song" to be precise. The video was all done at Ray's can't wait for the weather to break as we have some incredible street spots in Cleveland and Akron...

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Leethal said:
Don,

Please post the link where ever you like, it is a Dropkick Murphies song the "Workers Song" to be precise. The video was all done at Ray's can't wait for the weather to break as we have some incredible street spots in Cleveland and Akron...
yeah, I stopped by our trails yesterday - they need some work but with the warmer weather coming we should be able to get things running soon. Best of all there are 2 other spots w/in 15 minutes that will be doing the same thing... Can't wait to try the Union Street out on some dirt!

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Sick video man, nice work. One question though and it might be kinda dumb, but why would the Molly frame have a bmx brake rather than a v brake? Its been my experience that a v brake is both stronger as far as power and easier to work on. Just wondering though.

Feb 21, 2002
Li'l Dave said:
Sick video man, nice work. One question though and it might be kinda dumb, but why would the Molly frame have a bmx brake rather than a v brake? Its been my experience that a v brake is both stronger as far as power and easier to work on. Just wondering though.
A propper workin 990 (not one that 15 year old kid sets up with year old cables) has way less flex... or lever mush then a V, great stopping power, cost $20 (minus the new Fly) and works well with a Gyro... That bike is made to ride Street and Park, a 990 is fitting and well deserved.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
I've never tried one on anything but a 20", and while they always seem solid, they never seem to really have the stopping power that a V does. Just wondering though, its just the first 26" frame that I've seen with disks or v brakes.

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
I also feel 990's set up properly are way better then v-brakes for technical tricks they are physically stronger in construction, are tucked out of the way while V-brakes stick out, work with gyro's and while I concur that v-brakes are easier to work on 990's when set up properly hold there adjustments longer. V-brakes also take less lever pressure but if Dave Mirra can fufanu off a basketball backboard I doubt they lack power.. Likewise they can hold up my fat but on tech tricks and I can lock my rear wheel seated on pavement on steep inclines, which indicates traction is the only limiter and I am running Kenda Kiniptions which have a large contact patch and extremely low profile tread.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
990's are the way to go for street and park. I haven't had them out on DJs yet, but I'm sure they'll stop me fast enough there too. The best benefit - out of the way and no worries about wreaking a disc brake rotor.

When 990's are set up using a decent pair of brakes they will work plenty fine. O yeah, easy to setup a rotor if barspins are your thing.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I still prefer Vs for DJ/Street compared to 990s, but that's just me. I think they're way easier to set up and they are more powerful. To each his own, though.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
It just seems like every 990 style brake you feel is pretty mushy, even if it starts out solid. I've never tried them on a 26" bike, maybe the feel is different, but I've always been a bit sketched out about every BMX brake I've had.

Mordax

Monkey
Sep 13, 2003
Redding, CA
cool vid cept the end, dont know why people throw their bikes when they cant land something
that kinda riding looks so sweet, i want a 24

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Mordax said:
cool vid cept the end, dont know why people throw their bikes when they cant land something
that kinda riding looks so sweet, i want a 24
Yeah, I agree, i liked it a lot, but he was a little over the top at the end. Throwing the bike one's sponsors gave them and called it a "fvcking phaggot" isnt very respectful, especially for a video used to advertise said "fvcking phaggot"

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
escapeartist said:
...Throwing the bike one's sponsors gave them and called it a "fvcking phaggot" isnt very respectful, especially for a video used to advertise said "fvcking phaggot"
you could say he's showing how tough USB frames are. I typically don't throw my bike but then again if I was coming that close to a 540 to fakie, I'd be very fustrated too. Hell, I get pis$ed when I mess up on a simple bunnyhop 180.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
don said:
you could say he's showing how tough USB frames are. I typically don't throw my bike but then again if I was coming that close to a 540 to fakie, I'd be very fustrated too. Hell, I get pis$ed when I mess up on a simple bunnyhop 180.
I totally agree, I get mad too, I just thought it made for interesting advertising. And yes, if the bike can withstand him, its obviously tough, both mentally and physically.