Quantcast

Utopia Goggles - Lens

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
Does anybody know what different color lenses that are available for utopia goggles? i was checking their site and i cant find it anywhere.

Also does anybody have their goggles currently and what do you like/dislike about them

Thanks

Todd

tonygiant

Chimp
Jun 11, 2005
I have their Dirty mx goggles in white with clear lens. They are awesome.

Pros: flexible-you can fold them into your pockets, they are reasonably priced, fit comfy over my face

Cons: can't really think of any.

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
sn0wboarder said:
mx goggles(single lens):
clear
smoke
blue
yellow

ski(double lens):
clear
amber
grey mirror
pink mirror

We've also got an ORANGE (Amber) color.

We're looking for a different mfg for our mirrored lenses as well. the current factory are having problems producing mirrored mx lenses - hence the lack of mx mirrored last season

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
snowskilz said:
Does anybody know what different color lenses that are available for utopia goggles? i was checking their site and i cant find it anywhere.

Also does anybody have their goggles currently and what do you like/dislike about them

Thanks

Todd
I'm running the Too Dirty's very comfy, the foam is much better than any of the other brands i've used. I'm really diggin the blue lens, they give you that contrast the yellow does without the "I'm on prozac" bright look.

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
snowskilz said:

Thanks

Todd
Why didn't you just call me and Ask.
I have their Catalogs. :nopity:

tomvan72

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
Asheville
I dont personally wear them that often, But I did borrow some of Geritt B's and they were rad. I live in the humid southeast and did not even have to take them off for fogging. That is probably the first time I could do that. The mountains here in NC are like saunas in the summer!

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
I have some Too Dirty goggles with clear lenses. Before this I had Spy goggles. The Utopias are really, really nice. The lenses are very scratch-resistant and clear and the frames are flexy and high-quality. I like the flexiness because sometimes it's tough getting my goggles into my helmet. The foam is also really nice and makes the goggles super comfy.
The only bad part is the strap which has kind of a funny design. I remember my Spys had a really simple strap that was way easier to adjust. It's not like you adjust your goggles that often, so this isn't much of an issue. Maybe there's a technique to it that I don't get.

sn0wboarder

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
NJ
I really like the foam and the fact the frame is flexable, much nicer then my previous Oakley A frames. I sometimes forget I'm even wearing them.

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
Thanks for all the info!

Has anybody had any time with the slayer goggles? Those are the ones i am thinking about getting. Hopefully their as cush and flexy as the too dirty.

Thanks again Todd

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
No real time with the Slayers, but I just picked up a set of Too Dirty's. I tried on the Slayers, but I thoughthe field of vision was better withte Too Dirtys. Right now I am using them with the orange snow lens and I love them. I was out in the sub-zero wind for an extended XC ski session and they did not fog up (which is pretty impressive, given how hard I was working and the fact that I was not ripping down hills). I pretty much forgot they were there except for the fact that my eyes were a lot warmer than the rest of my face. Super comfy, well designed, great field of vision. I also have a clear MX lens that I'll use when biking. Best goggles I have ever owned without a doubt.