Quantcast

V-10 geo Revised

slothy

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
Ireland
great stuff, i guess as sven says steeper tracks next season, is northstar a steep place?

hopefully next year they will post their reach and stack sizes on their website, to get a better idea on size.

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
Northstar is steep at in places.

Where???

I see rocks, table tops and berm but nothing steep.

I also see a guy loosing a lot of time trying to show off by pulling big skids (not really drifting) on every single berms instead of railing them. ;-)

Interesting video;that is one VERY tall headtube.I thought for some reason the boys were rocking a 1.5 on their bikes arent they? and it doesnt really sound like Greg is going anywhere next year either?

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
That vid makes me want to visit northstar!
It is not steep at all! That is why I want to ride there. I'm sick of all this east coast steep crap.

haha, the guy is kind of a tool. A handfull of crappy whips and dumb skids.

Last edited:

slothy

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
Ireland
jeeze I dunno , I liked that vid, the dude was having a good buzz. I see what you mean about some of the skids though.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
If Greg is leaving the team then why have him do any testing? Seems expensive and pointless if he isn't going to be riding the bike next year. Why would Ferrari have Kimi do any testing on next year's car if he won't be driving it. Makes the input pointless. Especially if each rider is getting a different bike. They should have had Rat Boy there instead.

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
If Greg is leaving the team then why have him do any testing? Seems expensive and pointless if he isn't going to be riding the bike next year. Why would Ferrari have Kimi do any testing on next year's car if he won't be driving it. Makes the input pointless. Especially if each rider is getting a different bike. They should have had Rat Boy there instead.
i dunno, since hes still under contract it would be easy to get him there to test with his expertise

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
Does this mean production bikes are going to see any changes? I haven't listened to the audio yet on vital, but it just sounds like their testing geo for their race bikes..

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Northstar is NOT steep, just rough in places. That video is from last year I think. Condrashoff and Benedict showing us just how many whip poses you can fit into 3:00.

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
i like how it really had nothing to do about the actual geo or changes to the bike except the longer shock. They spent more time talking about the paint then the geo changes.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
probably because they can't talk about the geo yet, since its not settled, and the forum-idiots will go mental.

GOD help them if its 65 degrees.

huntandride

Chimp
Feb 16, 2009
Reno
probably because they can't talk about the geo yet, since its not settled, and the forum-idiots will go mental.

GOD help them if its 65 degrees.
THATLL SAG TO LIKE A 61!!! :rofl:
Especially if you measure with all your weight on the seat, I expect to see Fabien status in the 50s

huntandride

Chimp
Feb 16, 2009
Reno
Haha i was joking, sounds exciting/interesting to see how production bikes will be effected in the next year or two though

dondon

Monkey
Isn't it funny how everyone wants a slacker head angle than two of the fastest guys in the world to go fast? Also, is it just me, or can only fellow South Effrikens detect the humor and sarcasm in GM's answers to Clay's and other pesky journo's questions.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Isn't it funny how everyone wants a slacker head angle than two of the fastest guys in the world to go fast? Also, is it just me, or can only fellow South Effrikens detect the humor and sarcasm in GM's answers to Clay's and other pesky journo's questions.
Extend that to antipodeans in general I think, didn't come across as an a-hole to me either.

HA might be steeper on paper, but V10s are pretty raked out when sagged simply because they do sag so much - this isn't news to you I'm sure.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802

Some people have a hard time with obvious sarcasm and dry humor if it isn't spelled out for them. Others just need something to complain about.

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
haha I'm w/you on that one.. I thought it was pretty funny when Clay was busting GM's balls in Tipping Point.. Esp. when the next interview was after Greg won.

primo661

Monkey
Jun 16, 2008
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
He's always been the sarcastic type as long as I've known him. I dunno if I'm one of only a few but I really enjoy it. Especially after a few pints at the local watering hole:weee: