Quantcast

v10 price check

yearoftiger

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Bay Area
Hey monkeys,

Haven't posted here in a really long time but here's my question. Was wondering how good a deal this is??? I am thinkin about jumpin on it but $1200 is a lot of money so I want to make sure I'm spendin it wisely. Let me know what ya think.
For $1200
Used:
- 2005 new design ano black Santa Cruz V10 with 5th Element rear shock with 450lb Ti Spring.(2 very small dings in the frame)
-Truvativ Holtzfeler cranks
-Bottom Bracket
-MRP DH chain guide
-rear axle
-FSA Orbit Extreme headset
-Thomson seatpost
-saddle
-rear wheel: Ringle hub on Ryno Lite Rim

mike425

Monkey
Apr 16, 2004
Sounds like a good price to me. Im from the UK but if that frame was up for sale over here it would be around the £1000 -1200 GBP mark. So at the price your getting it for, we could import it pay taxes etc and stiff get it cheaper than we could over here.

The new shape V-10's are awesome bikes as well. Once you have the shock setup right they are one of my all time fave frames:D

mike

stgil888

Monkey
Jun 16, 2004
Malibu, CA
Not a killer deal, but not terrible. Prices for used bikes have really fallen in the last two years when compared to the prices the bikes commanded when new. An '05 frame could potentially have been purchased in early '05 and ridden for almost 2.5 years by now. That's something important to consider.

yearoftiger

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Bay Area
I already bargained down to the lowest i can go. He won't budge on the price anymore. Lookin at the pictures, the frame seems to be very clean . He says all pivots are tight. thanks for the posts.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
2005's had the older bearings and hardware, which were problematic.
I installed a new set on my buddies '05 V10 a month ago, and the sealing is much improved asn well as the bearings being higher quality.

VPP bike are hard on bearings though, time will tell.

yearoftiger

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Bay Area
Got some more info...The guy got it the bike in July...does that count as a late frame??
-There are no cracks or any damage to any parts or the frame.
-The cranks have some scratches on them and of corse there is the small ding on the downtube.
-The pivots were changed last summer which was the last time the bike was ridden
Is there anything else i should ask the guy about the frame before i meet up with him? let me know