Quantcast

Val Di Sole World Cup - Live Thread

stfn

Chimp
Oct 4, 2008
Dat true though Im still bummed that in a season when the trails most suited him Hill decided to hug a rock. Would really like to see if he would smash the competition like he did in the previous years.

btw. Ill repeat my question - Val di sole track open to public? Or only open for the WC?

Not sure if it's open or not at the moment but there will be a regional race at the beginning of September where you can race if you have a uci license.

The regional race format features saturday for practice and sunday with one practice run an two race runs where the best of the two is kept for the final result.

From Italian Cycling Federation website:

05 settembre 2010 – Commezzadura (TN) Campionato Regionale

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I have exams at 4th and 6th so no chance for me. Id also have to get a license but thats not really a problem.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
^^^ Greg Minnaar @ 2:27 vs everyone else . . . for anyone who seems to have forgotten that his technical skills are among the best ever. Or as Warner so eloquently put it "smoother than a cashmere codpiece"

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
Two things;

1/ These guy's videos rock. Star of the season for me this year as far as coverage goes (Freecaster's been shaky though I still love them, and Rankin etc are great as usual... but Tri-ride are bringing something new).

2/Leov's crash was gnar. The way his body went limp says to me he was ko'd there. You can see the Leatt stopping his helmet/head rolling forward as the peak catches the ground - do you guys think that's good or bad in this case? My thought is that it's good and I want a Leatt.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
2/Leov's crash was gnar. The way his body went limp says to me he was ko'd there. You can see the Leatt stopping his helmet/head rolling forward as the peak catches the ground - do you guys think that's good or bad in this case? My thought is that it's good and I want a Leatt.
He was in fact KO'd . . . as for the Leatt, there is precisely zero way of knowing what benefit if any it had from watching a video. The neck is at once an incredibly sturdy and delicate part of your body. You can see guys get absolutely throttled into the ground (Bryceland @ Maribor '09 for the newbies, Panozzo @ Vail 2000 for you old-schoolers) and be fine, or tip over going a couple miles per hour like Sven apparently did in Whistler a few years ago and break something. In short, there's no way of knowing.

I'm a big fan of the Leatt brace, and have used one for 3 seasons now. If you want one you should get one.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
He was in fact KO'd . . . as for the Leatt, there is precisely zero way of knowing what benefit if any it had from watching a video. The neck is at once an incredibly sturdy and delicate part of your body. You can see guys get absolutely throttled into the ground (Bryceland @ Maribor '09 for the newbies, Panozzo @ Vail 2000 for you old-schoolers) and be fine, or tip over going a couple miles per hour like Sven apparently did in Whistler a few years ago and break something. In short, there's no way of knowing.

I'm a big fan of the Leatt brace, and have used one for 3 seasons now. If you want one you should get one.
Ditto. Matti did his rolling over an insignificant rock at XC speed.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Lehikoinen?
didnt he flip onto his head after a jump?
was doing a little drop and didn't get the nose up high enough.

also, its worth saying "at xc speed" doesn't really mean a whole lot, since you can ride pretty fast on xc trails.