Quantcast

Valparaiso Chile Urban Race

mushik

Chimp
May 9, 2007
you're on the sunny side of the globe..;)

any info on the race course? length, elevation etc

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
Do Dave and Lee have their Evil's yet? Shots were great last year Frasier, can't wait to see some more!

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
The only riders who have Evil's right now are Thomas & Stevie + 2 or 3 other ninja testers.

-ska todd

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Damn... Smiths machine looks pimp...

Not sure if Dave and Lee have theirs yet - should get in touch to see how that's going.

EDIT: LoL... well - there you go, straight from the man hisself... :biggrin:

... Todd - I would like to have speaks with one o' them ninjas...

:)

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
according to Facelurker Mikey Haderer missed qualifying by 1 second after running into some camera toting muppet on the course? that sucks

DsDhBxracer13

Monkey
Feb 18, 2004
Burlington, Vermont
Interesting to see, while not your typical DH race, Cedric was 10 seconds ahead of 2nd and 14 ahead of Smith in 3rd. That's quite the time gap no matter what kind of course when it is only 2.5 minutes long.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
What the hell is everyone talking about? What fiasco? I was being sarcastic/deliberately ignorant.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Maybe... Was the reference not to giant ripping off a small company's suspension designs? Please explain...
I think he was taking the piss out of the fact that Giant blatantly ripped off many aspects of the DW-link (esp the Sunday), and now DW has created a bike that aesthetically resembles an old Giant DH Team/Comp frame.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Actually didn't even think about the Sunday/DW link thing, just saw a rattlecanned satin black Giant DH team that looked strikingly similar at glance.

I wasn't even trying to get sand in anyones vagina...that time.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I think he was taking the piss out of the fact that Giant blatantly ripped off many aspects of the DW-link (esp the Sunday), and now DW has created a bike that aesthetically resembles an old Giant DH Team/Comp frame.
Actually didn't even think about the Sunday/DW link thing, just saw a rattlecanned satin black Giant DH team that looked strikingly similar at glance.

I wasn't even trying to get sand in anyones vagina...that time.
I can see where you get that it "looks like" the dh team... but the similarities end there.

bikemonkey

Chimp
Feb 1, 2008
Santiago, Chile
Interesting to see, while not your typical DH race, Cedric was 10 seconds ahead of 2nd and 14 ahead of Smith in 3rd. That's quite the time gap no matter what kind of course when it is only 2.5 minutes long.
All the riders were blistering fast in the stairs sections,

but Gracia was literally flying:

and Scabrider, you will have quite a view: