Quantcast

Vancouver-->Whistler helicopter

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
I've heard for 200$ CDN you can get a helicopter shuttle from vancouver airport to whistler - anyone ever done this? Is it worth it? Will they be happy taking a bike? Useful links? :)

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Sounds like fun, but the 200 CDN could be used for drinking. Your coming out pretty soon arent you? Have you looked into a rental car? Whats the cost of that? The 200 cdn isnt round trip is it? So to get back add another 200cdn. There is a service called huck wagon (www.huckwagon.com ). They m,ainly do N Shore shuttles, but on the website they mention whistler shuttles too. Maybe that could also be an option. Or maybe one of us NW peeps who is headed that way would be able to pick you up from somewheres.......

Good luck.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Yeah I know there's cheaper options, was just wodnering if any of you had done it, and if you reckon it's worth it for the experience of seeing whistler from the sky, being in a chopper, etc :)

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I think it would be cool to see that big rock(Squammish Chief?) on the way to Whistler from the air. You know- that big rock that Kris Holm teetered on the edge of that has an A&W rest stop across from it.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Originally posted by - seb
Yeah I know there's cheaper options, was just wodnering if any of you had done it, and if you reckon it's worth it for the experience of seeing whistler from the sky, being in a chopper, etc :)
Ok, For that reason it would be cool. I bet the flight up would be pretty amazing. I havent heard of anyone doing it, or if they take bikes. Have you searched the net for anything? Im sure there is a service that would do it....

brock

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Tacoma, WA
Save your money and get a heli drop with your bike.

Search the net for any write ups or pics of "disneyland" in Squamish/Brittania Beach.

If you did find someone to take you (it's a little tough these days but there are people that do it) here are a couple of things to consider.

You can't possibly bring enough water
Be in shape. The hikes are kinda tough while packing a DH bike on your shoulder.
The steeps once you drop into the tree line are some of the most fun chutes you'll ever ride. Have you game face on though...

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
We actually spoke to a guy on the chair this weekend who ussed to be a part of the "disneyland" thing. He said its pretty much not running anymore, and if it does they have to be commando about it......

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
Originally posted by oly
We actually spoke to a guy on the chair this weekend who ussed to be a part of the "disneyland" thing. He said its pretty much not running anymore, and if it does they have to be commando about it......
Universe and many locals around here actually HIKE up instead of using the heli. If you're in good shape it's still a 4 hour climb/push up the steepest terrain you'll ever climb. Universe says at one point he would push his bike up and clamp on the brakes to help lift himself up. :dead: He says I should go sometime, but I know my limit. I'll spend the money on the heli, thanks!!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Originally posted by Mocha
Universe and many locals around here actually HIKE up instead of using the heli. If you're in good shape it's still a 4 hour climb/push up the steepest terrain you'll ever climb. Universe says at one point he would push his bike up and clamp on the brakes to help lift himself up. :dead: He says I should go sometime, but I know my limit. I'll spend the money on the heli, thanks!!
Universe is hardcore!

I hear even with the heli, there is another 4000 ft of vertical to climb.....