Quantcast

Vendredi GMT

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Present. TGIF. Been seriously contemplating a job change lately. Would be doing similar work but at a schedule I make and working from home. I feel like I am way more efficient when I work from home rather than an office where stupidity abounds. Would also afford me the opportunity to ride my bike whenever I wanted. I would prefer to do this during the week when everyone else works and the trails are clear. Anyway, we will see. You know he saying ‘The grass is always greener on the other side’.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Good friend of mine has been really sick for months with no diagnosis...turns out he has a severe blood infection. That can kill your ass dead. Hope he recovers now that they found it.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Ready for today to be over already. I have the basic idea of how I want Haley's new playground to be laid out in my head. I just need to figure out how to design it in CAD for the HOA approval and to make sure it's built properly.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

FTS Friday, I was sick all week but am in the office today (to fill out my timecard). Tried to register the truck yesterday but I can't find the fucking VIN. :panic:

Scheduled a call with OHP to do a VIN inspection, might be a couple days. Go back to DMV to get another trip permit, yay.

Rain sucks.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hi frens
Showing up to work today primarily to say I showed up to work today. Have about 15 minutes of work to do, then I'll head home.

Had a termite bro come by to check for termites in our house and he found termites, so I've got that going for me.

Got to take the alfa in for service (well duh) because of a weird sensor issue.

Think I'll go home in an hour and put some weird movie on, like kung fu or whatever marvel people punching each other movies are hot right now.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Wow. Where did he found them?
in the wood

above my basement bulkhead. Idiot previous owners have wood going directly into the dirt....so yeah, the evil wood ants found their way into that, then into the sill of the house. Damage doesn't appear to be too bad, but no damage is better.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
@Dirtrider it is soon much better wirwork from home. I only have one more day if work, but if I was continuing, I'd work from home more.
I hope to convert full time and be able to wfh either a little, or some folks here are "home based" and only come in once in a while. My commute is awful and I could be at least this unproductive from home, maybe even more so.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I hope to convert full time and be able to wfh either a little, or some folks here are "home based" and only come in once in a while. My commute is awful and I could be at least this unproductive from home, maybe even more so.
Mine was a productivity thing because my commute was only 4 blocks

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Mucho rain here. Outlook not good for riding over the holidays. This Winters freeze/thaw has been mostly thaw/rain. New parts will be here soon so I can at least give them some major upgrades. Considering doing one more upgrade.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
The grass is always greener on the other side
When I interviewed for a job in Seattle about a year and a half ago it actually served to highlight the opposite point, that there were and are things about my current job that are superior to that at the alternative.

So I stuck around here in Denver and changed things up at my current job to make it better, and am all the better for it. Not being house poor given Seattle's insane housing prices helps a ton as well.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Here. Ready for today to be over already. I have the basic idea of how I want Haley's new playground to be laid out in my head. I just need to figure out how to design it in CAD for the HOA approval and to make sure it's built properly.
Can you make it all part of the ///deck, or does that fall foul of building regs and HOA crap?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
God knows, at those prices you'd only be able to buy 1, tops 2, cars a year. :D

Hows mama and the baby?
They're doing well. Baby is nearly down to room air oxygen percentage but is still on positive pressure. She needs to learn how to eat so still probably 2 weeks or so in the NICU for her. Jessica will be coming home later today and seems quite well indeed.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Slept like crap again, being sick with a cough sucks. Being sick on Christmas with kids is absolutely bullshit. Total week off work off wasted, so much could of been accomplished. FTS.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I've almost forgotten which day of the week it is. These holidays have gone by quickly.

Got woke up by a phone call from work this morning at 8am. They were only supposed to call yesterday, so I shall be telling the bossman to give one full day in lieu of said "work". :D

I think tonight shall be sushi night with the lady friend.

Oh and yes, can confirm what the other easy coasters are saying; it has rained here since last night. I'm guessing it was freezing rain up north....I wonder how icy the trails are?

And some stupid strava thing... https://2018.strava.com/en-gb/video/2d41d6b4452fb6b229862d731a1179322b3479a2

I'm hoping next year is easier on the body. These last two summers have not been friendly.