Quantcast

Verizon 3g choking old "unlimited" customers?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I'm still on an old 3g unlimited plan, but my phone is constantly having issues with web connections. When I stream Pandora, I get about 30 seconds of a song before it cuts the connection and jumps to the next song, and it does this for every song. WTF?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Verizon would have to be choking 80% of their customers. They just aren't doing that.

They stated that they were going to start throttling the top data users but that was like the top 1% or something pretty small.

Is Pandora the only app you're having trouble with?

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
I have had good luck with last.fm (I also think last.fm has a better/larger library than Pandora) and radio hub. The only time I had trouble was on a back road in NH where the signal was very weak/absent. But I have AT&T with only 2g of data. For me its good for about 55 hours a month of streaming music.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Verizon would have to be choking 80% of their customers. They just aren't doing that.

They stated that they were going to start throttling the top data users but that was like the top 1% or something pretty small.

Is Pandora the only app you're having trouble with?
FB is puking up too. I also get a no-connection warning from time to time in other apps.

Will try other music apps.