Quantcast

Versus Cycles??? Who's in the know??

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I've seen several photos from Sea Otter of various Versus Cycles rigs and I was wondering - is this a brand new bike manufacturer or have they been around for a while?

Anyone have the scoop on Versus?

Their website is up, but it's just a homepage - nothing to drill down into yet.

I'd love to hear more about this company.

Thanks!

Mark

Scrub

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2003
NOR CAL, Sac/CoCo County
They're a fairly new company from the Bay Area- Fremont, CA to be exact. The DH/huck rig the "Weapon" has 9" of travel and uses a Fox shock. The freeride frame named the "Blitz" has 3 settings- 4,5,6" of rear travel with a Manitou spv shock. I rode the Blitz and it feels awesome.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Originally posted by syadasti
The girl working their booth looks a bit young :p
Luc's girlfriend needed a breather so she sat down while he snapped the pics. He forgot her animal crackers, and she was a little grumpy from being dragged to all the booths.:devil:

dhdescender

Chimp
Oct 3, 2001
QB - BC
Is this the same company that was being claimed to supposidly making its famed debut at sea otter in the admidst of one giant pathetic battle on Hcor.net? I can't remember who it was, but I'm sure a few of you will never forget that....

If not. mmmkay. :P :monkey:

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Hmmmm

Its good to see that they are not afraid of being labeled ugly.

Where are they getting their work done? That one bike has a front triangle that looks very K2/PX in nature. Are these guys from a catalog?

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Time for us internet engineers to come out! :D

Appears to be a bit over-engineered for my liking on the downhill bike. Lawill-esque suspension, with a concentric pivot, and a moto-linkage, and floating-brake :eek: .

But hell, it may ride like a dream for all I know.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
durrrrrrrrrrr.....Nice looking DH rig....but another Kona style walking beam for a freeride bike? Come on!!!!!!!!! Do these companies make any money? They're all the same!

The concentric pivot allows them to bypass lawill patent laws. I've seen it before. Now why didn't they do it for their freeride bike? Does good shock absorbtion and pedaling performance not matter for freeride? I don't understand.

Tyler

Chimp
Feb 20, 2003
Yes, this company is brand new. I dont know how many of you are from Hcor.net but i told them that this bike is coming out and nobody belived me. So i got to feel the bike before the sea otter before he had the floater on ther and it does feel very nice thought the way it is set up it is a bit on the heavy side nearly 50 pounds.

beaverbiker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Santa Clara
Originally posted by Tame Ape
Hmmmm

Its good to see that they are not afraid of being labeled ugly.

Where are they getting their work done? That one bike has a front triangle that looks very K2/PX in nature. Are these guys from a catalog?
its called hydroform

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Originally posted by Jm_
concentric pivot lawill....aka "Profile DR1"....
AKA Storm Hurricane a la 1998

I was going to grab a picture off Kalo's website...i can't believe those !@#$@$%'s are still in business, but it looks like the site is down....hooray!

VooDoo

asshat
Dec 21, 2001
Toronto
ahahhahaaha,
Tyler, how is this bike "revolutionizing" the industry?
Oh, and storm meets lawill meets g-spot.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Originally posted by Sandwich
AKA Storm Hurricane a la 1998

I was going to grab a picture off Kalo's website...i can't believe those !@#$@$%'s are still in business, but it looks like the site is down....hooray!
no, the storm had the BB on the swingarm, not concentric like the DR1. Different, but the Versus is pretty much patterned exactly like the DR1, concenctic pivot, and lawill...

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
that dh bike looks like something that was posted somewhere (might be here or MTBR) in "relation" to that taipeh OEM tradeshow earlier this year.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Everything else is in proportion in the shot, though.

And the Giant DH really isn't worse. Can't tell what size the frame is but the Giant's clearance improved with different size frames. It doesn't look like there's much room for croch clearance improvement when switching sizes on that frame.