Quantcast

versus weapon x

ViciousDHer

eBay vigilante
Oct 30, 2003
check out roteccycles.com. cocnentric BB with a floating shock a true lawill instead or another ripoff !!

tmoney727t

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
Madison, CT
If I had the money to support the real thing I would. I'm not really looking for other suggestions, just looking for opinions on the versus.

freerider858

Chimp
Aug 14, 2005
Bay Area
Versus makes pretty nice bikes. Ive seen alottta guys riding them here in the bay area, and they shred. Ive never ridin the weapon x but Id assume that it is built with the same craftsmanship as the rest of their products. That probably didnt help at all but whatever

ViciousDHer

eBay vigilante
Oct 30, 2003
oh , christ You have to pay extra for the floater ?? You have to have one with a lawlill type suspension. Seriously check out a rotec

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
That's a 16 pound frame, dude. Do a search, I had my own thread up about one a while back. Didn't end up great. I want to say that it's a 14lb frame without the shock... And the suspension is a little off. But it IS cheap. Like $1200 or something?
If you need a cheap, big travel bike, check out something like the Transition Gran Mal, or a yeti Dh9? Actually, my bro's got a nice DH9 for sale...?

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
So does nearly every other bike on the market that has a WELD on it... Yeti has a "Built in CO" sticker on the seattube, guess where they're welded? They're friggin artisans, they got my respects. "Made in Taiwan" is no longer really a bad thing...

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
So does nearly every other bike on the market that has a WELD on it... Yeti has a "Built in CO" sticker on the seattube, guess where they're welded? They're friggin artisans, they got my respects. "Made in Taiwan" is no longer really a bad thing...
by taiwan i meant looks like a cheap knock-off picked out of some generic frame catalog.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Hey man, your fork is labeled wrong...it's an 888, not a 66. Duh! And those are some nice socks...

Now why you gotta go and dangle THAT in his face, he already said he can't afford it!! Might as well hang Angelina Jolie in friggin saran wrap in front of him and say "just sniff it...but no tasting..."

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Cove Shocker? I've heard lots of good stuff about that lately.

Are you looking for a linkage bike only? If not Morewood is a good value as well.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Morewood or Transition. I've never checked prices on the Morewoods, but their owners really seem pleased with them. Simple, single pivot bikes. What more do you need.

I'm definately not a racer-boi, but i DO love to race, but lets get realistic: What does it take to get on top??? And when you get there, how long can you expect to stay there?? Everone is just busting their asses and wallets, buying the top-of-the-line(that their wallets can dish out) rigs and traveling all over and training, etc, etc, etc.
The guys on top are backed, talented, and driven to STAY there. And there's only like 50,000 other racers all wanting their job!
Here's my own, worthless opinion: Buy a quality, cheap, FUN bike. Ride the sh_t out of it, learn some stuff, grow a smile and just live and ride. You don't NEED a $4000 Rotec frame to race. Hell, you don't even need one to win. But I'm betting that a little less stress, a little more money in your wallet and some dirt in your smile will make you a better racer.
I'm not sure if that was a "Go get'r" speech, or a "just give up, you'll nev'r make it" speech!

tmoney727t

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
Madison, CT
Morewood or Transition. I've never checked prices on the Morewoods, but their owners really seem pleased with them. Simple, single pivot bikes. What more do you need.

I'm definately not a racer-boi, but i DO love to race, but lets get realistic: What does it take to get on top??? And when you get there, how long can you expect to stay there?? Everone is just busting their asses and wallets, buying the top-of-the-line(that their wallets can dish out) rigs and traveling all over and training, etc, etc, etc.
The guys on top are backed, talented, and driven to STAY there. And there's only like 50,000 other racers all wanting their job!
Here's my own, worthless opinion: Buy a quality, cheap, FUN bike. Ride the sh_t out of it, learn some stuff, grow a smile and just live and ride. You don't NEED a $4000 Rotec frame to race. Hell, you don't even need one to win. But I'm betting that a little less stress, a little more money in your wallet and some dirt in your smile will make you a better racer.
I'm not sure if that was a "Go get'r" speech, or a "just give up, you'll nev'r make it" speech!
whatever it was i liked it. That has been my opinion all along. I race budget DH and never expect to do all that well but i have a hell of a good time doing it. its just nice sometimes to run a bike that i dont have to worry about whether it will crack, skip a pedal due to stripped teeth in the hub, or have a loud clanking come from my fork. I dont want latest and greatest I just want a bike that I can have fun with, race fast, and not worry about it breaking.

Bacardi

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
Santa Barbara, CA

drizzle

Chimp
Mar 16, 2006
Yeah i wouldnt buy it, if you look at the rear end it is just a wannabe 4 bar design with half ass effort. look at some used bikes or even giant, kona, iron horse just what ever you do dont buy that frame, the frame doesnt make you shred, you will shred on your own

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Ugh.....I know you're exaggerating but a Rotec frame w/ shock is 2395 factory direct....not 4000.....it's also not 16 lbs like that versus....

Not saying you 'need' one, just setting the record straight. I have one, I'm a "budget" racer by my own definition and I love it.

Sounds like budget for you would be Transition, Iron Horse, Giant. Hope you find something!!