Quantcast

Very North Shore!

the webbster

Chimp
Jun 9, 2003
Trondheim, Norway
OK, I know none of you are probably ever going to make it out here (I'm not talking to you Espen) but I thought these pictures were worthy of the monkey.

in a little ski resort in the middle of norway, out in the sticks it is safe to say, a bunch of local hicks have gotten together to put some 'shore' style trails together. Considering there are only 5 active riders in the town, I thought the setup is pretty damn impressive.

The shots are all taken on a cell phone camera (do you north americans have those yet?) so the quality is not all that, but you get the idea. The site is a Norwegian downhill/freeride forum, similar to the monkey. there is not much of interest in the text, so don't worry about not understanding anything. it's all about the pics.

check this out:

http://www.utfor.com/v2/viewtopic.php?t=806&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

jw.

HTFR

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Chelsea, Quebek
"funny i never heard the word embiggens until i moved to springfield"
"i don't know why it a perfectly cromulant word"

ya amn not working, i just want to logg inn!:D

CTR

Chimp
Sep 1, 2002
Australia

i'm not much of a shore rider (we don't have much down here) but i'm guessing it takes some skinney skills to hit this.

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
And here I am thinking how nice it'd be to ride those rocks that all the bridges are built over.
And a cute little thing, the skinny goes over the creek, so they build a bridge on a bridge for the creek crossing.
Looks insane though, I wish I had the skill+balls to ride that sort of stuff.

Espen

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Tigerstaden, Norway
Defenately!

Some of these guys are hardcore freeriders!
20 foot drops on burly HT and things like that.

Espen

Originally posted by CTR

i'm not much of a shore rider (we don't have much down here) but i'm guessing it takes some skinney skills to hit this.

the webbster

Chimp
Jun 9, 2003
Trondheim, Norway
I think it's safe to say that those boys are handier with chainsaws than photoshop, that stuff is real! The shots are all taken with the little cameras you can get in your cell phones over here, hence the low quality.
jeff