Quantcast

Video of the the entire NEW Mt Snow Course!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Jump on over to www.littermag.com and click on the Right Coast Report. Spomer's got a vid of the entire course top to bottom.
Looks like they slowed it down in the dangerous stuff up top. And wait until around the halfway point when you see the one unmoved section. Holy swamp grass batman!

Gotta say...after seeing the new changes, I like what I see so far. Will be bitter for the next 12 months that I'm not there putting my Comp 32's to good use.

Oh, and while you're there...get ready to bet on the winners. Prizes up for grabs!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
bizutch said:
Mt Snow doesn't need to be in the woods. They're slope is as burly as any rocky woods course out there. "INSERT MOTO SOUNDS *HERE*"

BRAAAAAAAAAAP BRAAAAAAAAAPPP BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
bizutch said:
Jump on over to www.littermag.com and click on the Right Coast Report. Spomer's got a vid of the entire course top to bottom.
Looks like they slowed it down in the dangerous stuff up top. And wait until around the halfway point when you see the one unmoved section. Holy swamp grass batman!

Gotta say...after seeing the new changes, I like what I see so far. Will be bitter for the next 12 months that I'm not there putting my Comp 32's to good use.

Oh, and while you're there...get ready to bet on the winners. Prizes up for grabs!
pretty sad that all you need to do these days is tape out some random turns on a grassey fireld and call it a race course.

nice of them to mow the grass (love the jeep ruts and 1 foot tall matted grass sections), and rake some leaves in the woods.

good to see that they are using that $10 a car per day for "trail maintnance"... or at least that's what they tell you it goes to.

that lack of preperation is a slap in the face to every paying racer... and it seems to get worse and worse every year (meaning the grass keep getting longer and longer, haha)

edit: (trying to keep it positive, haha)
wow... way to see that mount snow put in some effort this year in making the course :nopity:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
davetrump said:
pretty sad that all you need to do these days is tape out some random turns on a grassey fireld and call it a race course.

nice of them to mow the grass (love the jeep ruts and 1 foot tall matted grass sections), and rake some leaves in the woods.

good to see that they are using that $10 a car per day for "trail maintnance"... or at least that's what they tell you it goes to.

that lack of preperation is a slap in the face to every paying racer... and it seems to get worse and worse every year (meaning the grass keep getting longer and longer, haha)

wow... way to see that mount snow put in some effort this year in making the course :nopity:
my guess is that we'll here the same story we heard last weekend about the slalom course at sugar.
"norba needs to see it and approve it's layout."
hence the last minute changes right before their biggest weekend of the year.

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
I dont know evrey year it is a cut through the grass and it still is fun as hell. Hauling as trying to get some flow between giant pieces of granit is actuallly a lot of fun!

If I was near I'd ride the hell out of it!

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
I don't think the the layout looks bad, it's the lack or prep that sucks. By race day the track should be nice, but it's going to suck those first couple hours of practice. Wonder if it will look like VT of old with all sorts of broken collar bones in the med tent from 40 mph bails.

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
ya, does look like they put too much effort in building the course, but I think it will be super fast and fun. people are going to be going way too fast

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
davetrump said:

Ok...so I understand you got some issues with a portion of it not being mowed. But dude...at Mt Snow, there is no need for course prep. It's awesome!!! I'd ride that mountain like Paris Hilton had a camera pointed at my ass!!!!

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
is it just me or would you run a hardtail with a semi large SC fork on that course? From the looks of that video unless i'm missing something I think it would be faster.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
jvnixon said:
is it just me or would you run a hardtail with a semi large SC fork on that course? From the looks of that video unless i'm missing something I think it would be faster.
dude, the grassy sections will be rough. you want something long and slack that just likes to go straight.

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
jvnixon said:
You have no idea what your talking about.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
jvnixon said:
that grass is brutal.......basically you are going moto speeds over covered boulders. Feels like you bike is going to explode and sometimes they do.....

Also, they can only cut that grass so low or they will be scraping the blades......riding it in takes about 2 hours.....

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
jvnixon said:
If you do, makes sure somebody films it.
Also, wear some type of "teeth catcher" as they get
chattered out of your grill.:clue:

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
jvnixon said:
you are missing something....

it is very steap, very very very fast, and extremely rough. huge rocks burried in the grass (that only appear after a few days of practice), ledges, water bars, huge braking bumps more giant rocks, etc... anyting other than a full on DH bike would get OWNED on that course.

the course is super fast, super rough and a ton of fun. i should have specified that in my previous post. i always love the course at mount snow, but it is just a disapointment to show up and have it be half assed for the first day of practice... especially considering that you only get 2 hours each day.

by race day the course is always in awsome shape

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
davetrump said:
you are missing something....

it is very steap, very very very fast, and extremely rough. huge rocks burried in the grass (that only appear after a few days of practice), ledges, water bars, huge braking bumps more giant rocks, etc... anyting other than a full on DH bike would get OWNED on that course.

the course is super fast, super rough and a ton of fun. i should have specified that in my previous post. i always love the course at mount snow, but it is just a disapointment to show up and have it be half assed for the first day of practice... especially considering that you only get 2 hours each day.

by race day the course is always in awsome shape

That makes more sense then. The video didn't show what you wrote above very well

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
I call it "Mystery Rock". You'll be picking up speed and zipping right along taking a chatter beating in the grassrox and then "KABOOOOMMM" . You're like...what did I hit? There was nothing there?

Mystery Rock. You can walk back up and look for it...but you'll never find it. Somebody scan in that video segment from Synopsis of top pros flying off course left and right and Kirkcaldie looking like he got strapped to a pair of jackhammers.

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
rockymt21 said:
You have no idea what your talking about.
No ****. People don't realize that "grass" is the meanest **** they have ever ridden at speed. Every year I went there I was shocked by how mean the runs are. If we have 9" travel bike that is for that kind of "grass" :)

jmtf40

Chimp
May 30, 2005
Ha, ha . I would love to see someone try to ride just the top section on a hardtail, just to see what would snap, crack, or pop off the bike first.
When I got home from mt snow last year, I noticed my rear rim had stress fractures straight across the rim in 5 places, and 2 of my spokes had almost made it through . That course is so rough on your equipment!!! but well worth it.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
ManiUT:
No ****. People don't realize that "grass" is the meanest **** they have ever ridden at speed. Every year I went there I was shocked by how mean the runs are. If we have 9" travel bike that is for that kind of "grass"
Butch:
I call it "Mystery Rock". You'll be picking up speed and zipping right along taking a chatter beating in the grassrox and then "KABOOOOMMM" . You're like...what did I hit? There was nothing there?
...I think the course looks pretty cool - but like Butch and Mani said, looks can be deceiving. Once some of the grass gets mowed (by the riders of course - one bike at a time:rolleyes: ) some of the lurking mineral deposits (rocks and boulders) will begin to present themselves.

But even then not all of the rocks will be visible... it's gonna be like riding-by-braille through most of the grassy sections. You never know what the hell lies beneath.

DHCorky

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Headed to the lift...
I love the grass sections at Mt. Snow. I would ride trails like that everyday, my wallet just would not be able to afford it. Most races you take the ussual spare parts, not at Mt. Snow. At Mt. Snow if you really want to be prepared for what might break you would have to bring a complete spare bike. It is one of the few courses that I have seen break almost every part on a bike.

It sucks there is such short practice times or I would try harder to make it out to Mt. Snow. It would also be scary to see how many more broken bikes and people we would see with longer practice times. There is enough carnage from that mountain in just the two hours a day they have now.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Longer practice sessions usually mean more rest between runs and time to study the course and do "quality" practice. I hardly get to walk sections or watch others lines in practice b/c I gotta get to the bottom to get back on the lift for my next run. 2 hours is silly. 3 hours should be required.

DHCorky

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Headed to the lift...
bizutch said:
Longer practice sessions usually mean more rest between runs and time to study the course and do "quality" practice. I hardly get to walk sections or watch others lines in practice b/c I gotta get to the bottom to get back on the lift for my next run. 2 hours is silly. 3 hours should be required.
Oh come on it is Mt. Snow, there are no lines just let go of the brakes and hold on:help: :dead:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
DHCorky said:
Oh come on it is Mt. Snow, there are no lines just let go of the brakes and hold on:help: :dead:
yeah...until I got home one year and saw video of all the pros taking these lines that were so much faster if you just stopped and checked them out....and kicked myself for not paying attention during practice.

SinatorJ

Monkey
Jul 9, 2002
AZ
Granted that it has been a few years since my last visit, but that is still one of the best venues of all time. I will never forget seeing Palmer own that place in 98. he didn't win but, I will never forget just how cool that place was. I may have to make this one next season. Mt snow is the roughest and scariest place I personally have raced

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
SinatorJ said:
Granted that it has been a few years since my last visit, but that is still one of the best venues of all time. I will never forget seeing Palmer own that place in 98. he didn't win but, I will never forget just how cool that place was. I may have to make this one next season. Mt snow is the roughest and scariest place I personally have raced
My proudest moment at Mt Snow in 98 was coming down into the boulder drop in the woods and hearing you screaming at me to "Pedal, you pussy!" And me screaming back "F*** you. I got no chain. Push me!" :agree: