Quantcast

Vigo World Cup - DH pics added

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
So i finally got to Vigo, without bags (again). It was hot as hell yesterday, but cool and cloudy today. It is suppposed to blow out by 4x practice this afternoon. Only walking inspection for DH on the schedule. Will report back on the course shortly.

Only one image so far, the Madrid Airport's new wing. Pretty cool.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
So i finally got to Vigo, without bags (again). It was hot as hell yesterday, but cool and cloudy today. It is suppposed to blow out by 4x practice this afternoon. Only walking inspection for DH on the schedule. Will report back on the course shortly.

Only one image so far, the Madrid Airport's new wing. Pretty cool.
they were just starting to build that last time i was there. . . rad
they have a huge botanical garden in the train station.

bring on the race pics

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Beats me about the burgers, I wasn;t feeling great...and then I had mcdonalds. ugh.

So walked the Dh and 4x courses today. The 4x course is easily the best damn 4x course ever made. The top part is like a mini downhill, and rolls into a full on HUGE bmx course. Riders were on everything from Dh bikes to hardtails.

The Dh is wide open, with pointy puncture inducing rocks everywhere. They also seem to LOVE huge road gaps here, the finish line has one, the course has about 3 all over it. Awesome. The weather was sort of crummy today, buyt my clothes finally arrived, so that is good.

Pics in a few seconds.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Neethling off the rock stepup...it has 3 banked lines, pretty cool.

Random Euro dude in the big berm with the rock in it.

Mick Hannah, rock stepdown on the 4x course.

Gracia in his funny helmet, goggle combo.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
dirtmag.co.uk has updates too.

jill think that its a one line affair as it is, gonna be interesting for 4 riders. apparently prokop looks like a fish out of water and gracia is looking good. gee and dan are gonna use full sussers on the course...

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
awsome... so glad to see some mountain bike influence in 4X

i honestly think that if a hardtail is the best bike for a 4X track than the course is not right... any course that has the top guys thinking a full suspension bike is an advatage is ok with me

i was getting bored of the 26" bmx races

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
Yeah, the 4x could be a win for Graves, Lopes or Gracia. All good bike handlers and handy on the DH course. Having said that I wouldn't discount the likes of Dan Atherton. Is this type of course design going to flow through all the rounds? If so it could be an interesting series.

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
course looks fun...i think it is a fresh change that needs to be made...i agree with the comment that it was turning into 26 BMX races....i'm sure Prokop is trippin and doesn't like it...i have heard him say he doesn't like courses when they are to "mountain bike style", but he'll still be up there as he'll be riding from the front. he actually used to race a full suspension bike when he was on B1 and made the worlds final in Kaprun on it
Stik, i told Dale bout the course being rough and he bailed on the trip.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
more updates on dirt, cedric had a bad crash, snapped his bars. but he is ok. rachel atherton broke her wrist... ouch.. athertons spotted using a prototype rear shox on their 4x bikes. dan stanbridge is looking fast...

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
love hills bike paint but the rest i don't like too much,

PANTS, is it cold or something?

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
^ya, it is cold, just got up and checking emails, couple from friends said DH 'has been open for 45 minutes and no one is riding, too cold'

Guess people are not as tough as they used to be.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
^ya, it is cold, just got up and checking emails, couple from friends said DH 'has been open for 45 minutes and no one is riding, too cold'

Guess people are not as tough as they used to be.
keep the dirt tacky! i'd be out there lol