Quantcast

Vista Users...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It's more of how clueless Microsoft is and how incredibly lame their marketing efforts are.
I always make sure to stay away from products with lame marketing efforts. I'd hate to purchase something bases solely on it's merits.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Vista has merits?
I don't know how to write my own operating system, so I use Microsoft's. Vista is the next thing, I'll probably use that.

I don't like the way Macs are set up, I work faster in Windows. PC's are cheaper, and I'm cheap, so that's a bonus.

It's just a preference thing, and that is ALL it comes down to, so everyone STFU.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Looks like a pretty normal interview to me.

Apple's entire ad campaign is based around demeaning their competition. A couple of them were okay, clever even, but it's just mudslinging, no different than a nasty political campaign. Gates was short and curt with his responses to those questions, but what do you expect when he's asked to talk about a series of ads that include a lot of lies and half-truths, bashing his product?

Rest of the interview seems straightforward. Gates is being positive about the future of Windows - I don't think there's any question about that, Windows is solidly entrenched and will not be losing ground any time soon.

Got anything useful to add to the conversation or is it just another "O'Doyle Rules!" post?

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Got anything useful to add to the conversation or is it just another "O'Doyle Rules!" post?
Dude, as a graphic designer, I pointed out how lame their efforts are in that area and people get butt hurt. :twitch: I think Vista looks like OSX (big surprise) but I haven't read much about it yet. I'll get back to ya.