Quantcast

volume display for Dell laptop

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i got a Dell Latitude D620 from work as a parting gift, but when they wiped it clean, i seem to have lost the display for the volume adjustment.
anyone know what program that might be?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
You just have to go to the Dell website, put in your service code, and poke through the drivers. Different manufacturers label it different things. It may be a driver labeled On Screen Display, or OSD. It may be a driver that says it makes the extra key buttons work. It may be a driver labeled "system utilities" or the like.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Yeah, btdt. From what I can tell though the onscreen volume display is part of Dell's Quickset software, you may want to have a look for that package for your specific machine IH8Rice. I reinstalled it last night and mine is working now but it was there previously so I'm not sure what's going on.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
DO you still have Dell Quickset software installed?

I had to reinstall that on my old laptop. It's a built in thing that controls video settings when docking and undocking, or plugging in a projector etc....I believe the sound control is part of it.

You have to find the right one for your machine, but it's around here somewhere

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R130907&SystemID=LAT_PNT_CEL_D500&servicetag=&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=2861&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=5&catid=&impid=&formatcnt=0&libid=25&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&fileid=174171

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Try Fn Page Up Page Down? Works on my Dell.
they page up/page down on my laptop is the up/down arrow

ahh quickset! i couldnt remember the name. i havent used my dock yet, but im sure ill need it for that too. thanks!