Quantcast

VP Free, finally

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
You are ONE LUCKY sone of a bitch.. isnt there like a 4 month wait for those? or is that the sc bike. cant remember, but ur still very lucky!

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
im kinda glad there is a long wait, so my 02 big hit isnt so obsolete for lets say another 2 months! yay.:cool:

goin' medium

Chimp
Jul 31, 2003
Newark, CA
Congrats!
I was on that waiting list, but broke so many bikes/bike parts, I had to cancel:angry: Now I have to save the money again and start at the back of the line. Oh well, I picked up an old used bullit cheap to ride until I win the lottery.

Be sure to review that bright orange thing as soon as you get some miles on it.

Scott

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Crap! I've heard of those- a bike so high-end that SC can leave all the paint that they want in and around the head tube! No facing required! That is SO cool!
(Sorry dude, just bustin')

Nice ride! I thought about looking into one of those as a DH race bike for my gf.

Mtnrider

Monkey
Jul 1, 2001
Littleton, CO
Originally posted by Repack
Crap! I've heard of those- a bike so high-end that SC can leave all the paint that they want in and around the head tube! No facing required! That is SO cool!
(Sorry dude, just bustin')

Haha!!! So true, but still a sweet ride!!!

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Originally posted by Tcov
Not sure what you mean?
All of the paint around the head tube. There should be nothing but bare aluminum. Facing a headtube is when a cutting tool is used to remove all of the paint where the headset contacts the frame. Facing also ensures that the faces (top and bottom) of the headtube are parallel so that the headset cups will install correctly. There is enough paint there that installing the headset could prove difficult.

HGR Frucci

Chimp
Feb 18, 2004
K12
Acutal frame weight (large) with (ALL) paint and shock with steel spring 10.59lbs
A Ti spring will drop about a quarter of a pound, and that extra paint will lose another pound:D .

My V10 actually didn't have that issue. Weird. Must different paint techs or something...

bagtagley

Monkey
Jun 18, 2002
VA
Damn, I need one of those.

Both my SC bikes came with paint in the head tube. Fortunately, it was an SC paint job, so it came off real easy. :D

Tcov

Chimp
Oct 9, 2001
Cave Creek. Arizona
Originally posted by Repack
All of the paint around the head tube. There should be nothing but bare aluminum. Facing a headtube is when a cutting tool is used to remove all of the paint where the headset contacts the frame. Facing also ensures that the faces (top and bottom) of the headtube are parallel so that the headset cups will install correctly. There is enough paint there that installing the headset could prove difficult.
ok, just didn't understand the question. No prob with facing.

MxPw17_rr

Chimp
May 4, 2004
Tahoe
Lucky u got one now, i called up sc to order one for a customer and the wait is untill july for one, whats the deal with manitou that you mentioned? im building up a new v10 and i was gonna put the works on it, i was planning on calling next week to order, are they backed up or somethign because that would suck.

lukeduke

Chimp
Apr 4, 2003
was out riding this morning, and noticed my local shop just put a full built with superT flat black one in the window. had not noticed it before, not sure how long they have had it? Looks not too bad, but I will stick to my ASX, not dreaming of a VP free at all, sorry.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Originally posted by lukeduke
was out riding this morning, and noticed my local shop just put a full built with superT flat black one in the window. had not noticed it before, not sure how long they have had it? Looks not too bad, but I will stick to my ASX, not dreaming of a VP free at all, sorry.
was there a point to your post or just pissing on somebody elses parade?:confused: