Quantcast

VVednesdayVV

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Up to see the sun rise...and take out the trash since my FIL can’t lift that much weight. Speaking of which, the wife and I built them a 15’ long garden wall yesterday. I feel if.

I think I’ll read for a while instead of going back to bed. My mind is already awake, it would be a shame to waste it.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
My co-worker came in this morning singing "The Final Countdown" and now it's stuck in my head. So now it's my mission to get it stuck in everyone else's head that I come across today.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
In the office early. which is different than being productive early. even if that's the point.

To counter @ICEBALL585 , I'm going to leave this here. one my Ecuadorean guides tuned me into it. good stuff:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
My co-worker came in this morning singing "The Final Countdown" and now it's stuck in my head. So now it's my mission to get it stuck in everyone else's head that I come across today.
I have a cleaning lady who claimed the used to date him. She was fat and lived in the ghetto but who am I say what he was into. We got rid of her when she started trying to sell herbalife to my wife.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Today's random scatalogical url

https://dontforgetthebubbles.com/dont-forget-the-lego/

Six paediatric health‐care professionals were recruited to swallow a Lego head. Previous gastrointestinal surgery, inability to ingest foreign objects and aversion to searching through faecal matter were all exclusion criteria. Pre‐ingestion bowel habit was standardised by the Stool Hardness and Transit (SHAT) score. Participants ingested a Lego head, and the time taken for the object to be found in the participants stool was recorded. The primary outcome was the Found and Retrieved Time (FART) score....

Journal article
https://www.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/jpc.14309

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I am unexpectedly on ultrasound today instead of CT/MR. This is fine with me.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Sitting here, seriously thinking about building a passive house.
We went halfway there with our house. Lots of south-facing windows for solar gain, R-38 in the walls (9.5" thick, two 2 x 4" walls with insulation separated by an internal air gap with the studs not overlapping), R-50 in the roof, PV on the roof to boot.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
We went halfway there with our house. Lots of south-facing windows for solar gain, R-38 in the walls (9.5" thick, two 2 x 4" walls with insulation separated by an internal air gap with the studs not overlapping), R-50 in the roof, PV on the roof to boot.
Leaning towards that also, not looking into getting house certified. So far I'm also planning dual 2x4 walls with extra 1.5 polyiso outside which should bring it around R-50. Same thing for roof, min R-50 maybe more. Will get a glycol slab and efficient wood stove. Wood will be readily available in backyard. No solar since electricity in QC is damn cheap. Did you go triple glazing on windows and sliding doors (if any)?

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Just double glazed doors and windows. The U values for triple versus double aren't that different and my builder's option for them was bundled with a bunch of other stuff we didn't want. We just cover them up with cellular shades and (fancy motorized) Roman shades to add a bit more effective insulation when it's cold.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Shot some hoops last night. was nailing shot from out deep.
Swam some with the girls & got to soak. I love having a pass to the rec center.

FTS right in the hump. Can't believe they haven't let me go yet lol

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Just double glazed doors and windows. The U values for triple versus double aren't that different and my builder's option for them was bundled with a bunch of other stuff we didn't want. We just cover them up with cellular shades and (fancy motorized) Roman shades to add a bit more effective insulation when it's cold.
I asked cause I've read conflicting opinions. Some say triple is the way to go and others (leaning toward that opinion) say that triple actually limit solar gain during the day thus any advantage in R value is lost.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
And get this - we can't even decide on WHICH Sharepoint to use.

Today I found out that not only do we have an onsite SP repository (which I thought we were using), but we have an O365 Sharepoint - which apparently we are *supposed* to be using. :confused:

FTS indeed.
Don't worry! Its in the cloud!

Which cloud, no one knows!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
And get this - we can't even decide on WHICH Sharepoint to use.

Today I found out that not only do we have an onsite SP repository (which I thought we were using), but we have an O365 Sharepoint - which apparently we are *supposed* to be using. :confused:

FTS indeed.
Old fashioned file shares, SharePoint, Teams or Box - we have all of them to lose shit in!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Old fashioned file shares, SharePoint, Teams or Box - we have all of them to lose shit in!
We have additional - Confluence, JIRA, etc.

So many places to lose shit...

I told my boss that we need something that at *least* has Google-type search. Because then, at least, we could find it regardless of what retarded sub-folder location things ended up in.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
We have additional - Confluence, JIRA, etc.

So many places to lose shit...

I told my boss that we need something that at *least* has Google-type search. Because then, at least, we could find it regardless of what retarded sub-folder location things ended up in.
I wasn't counting all the extra places the dev's can lose stuff in.