Quantcast

W+M riding

[Tha]Shovla

Monkey
Aug 28, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow
I would imagine someone with a mildly creative bike mind could find some decent urban riding at a college campus. your prolly less likely to get hasstled there too over x-mas.

Just dont forget your black Girl jeans and your Ramones cut off shirtt if your going to ride street. You might get you A$$ beat if your wearing something else. :)

Dec 3, 2006
WB
not much around the w&m campus. there are a couple of hubba ledges around some stair sets and some planter ledges that are fun to manual. but those may be difficult with a full squish. there is the sunken garden that you could gap to flat if you're into that. it's definitley a respectable drop but i can't remember how many stairs it is on the way down. otherwise williamsburg is pretty sad for street riding. there is the skatepark. but the morons at the parks and rec department banned bikes in there. but if you time it right and watch over your shoulder you can hit and run in there.
if you have a car there is better street riding in richmond or norfolk. if you wanna dirt jump there is the hampton bmx track that has some sick lines to be ridden.
otherwise, good luck finding stuff. you can get creative and find some grass banks and such.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
[Tha]Shovla;2770522 said:
I would imagine someone with a mildly creative bike mind could find some decent urban riding at a college campus. your prolly less likely to get hasstled there too over x-mas.

Just dont forget your black Girl jeans and your Ramones cut off shirtt if your going to ride street. You might get you A$$ beat if your wearing something else. :)

6'1" 210 lbs. ain't gonna look pretty in a sk8r emo outfit.

Who's going to kick my ass? One of the lesbo students?:pirate2:

FlyKiwi

Chimp
Mar 8, 2007
SE Virginia
How is the trail at York St. park these days?
When's the last time you rode it? In Sept. we replaced and extended the last bridge and added 3 areas of armoring. The Laurel Glen extension was completely revamped - both the downhill and the climb out. Lots of positive feedback on the downhill.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
yer welcome to ride out my way, check the 'bliss' thread for pics. i'm off today until jan 2nd...
six five two two eight five six

Is your area code 757 or 804?
And where exactly are you located?
I've probably bumped into you at one of the races. Not good at putting internet names to actual faces.

If I had more time I'd love to revisit the 'shed up north. Too bad they won't let bikes on Wintergreen this time of year.

We're driving up saturday now. Sunday weather looks bad but I can play it by ear. Monday is good for me too.

Your inbox is full, clear it and I'll send my #

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
When's the last time you rode it? In Sept. we replaced and extended the last bridge and added 3 areas of armoring. The Laurel Glen extension was completely revamped - both the downhill and the climb out. Lots of positive feedback on the downhill.
Damn, it's been @ 5-6 years. Every time I visit I usually hit WG or the Hampton BMX track. I was actually riding XC back then but when I went to the dark side I stopped visiting XC trails. I heard a while back there are some cool features toride at York and I'll have my 12 yr old who is an up and coming hucker.

Dec 3, 2006
WB
Damn, it's been @ 5-6 years. Every time I visit I usually hit WG or the Hampton BMX track. I was actually riding XC back then but when I went to the dark side I stopped visiting XC trails. I heard a while back there are some cool features toride at York and I'll have my 12 yr old who is an up and coming hucker.
If you're looking for huck style stuff I'd recommend skipping York River or any other trail in the area for that matter. All trails in the area are XC specific. The good stuff you hear about the local trails is coming from XC riders, so don't rely too much on the feedback. You'll be disappointed if freeride/DJ/street stuff is your game.
You're best bet is the Hampton BMX track or ridetoofast's place.
I won't be in town, otherwise I'd be happy to show you around.