Quantcast

want to ride in Crested Butte, CO July 6th and 7th

BikerKitty

Chimp
Jun 15, 2006
I'm headed out to CO the week of the 4th of July, coming out from MN. I'm a pretty new mountain biker, only been doing it since last summer.

I'll be in the CB area July 6th and 7th and am wondering if anyone knows a)where I should ride and b)where I can find someone to ride with?

Sucks that it's only 2 days. I'm trying to talk myself into leaving a day earlier, so I'd get there on the 5th. ;-)

PM me or post up here if you have some info.

Thanks!

TBFKAHG

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
too bad you can't make it this week because tomorrow kicks off Fat Tite Bike Week and then you could just show up, pick what ride you wanted to do for the day and just follow the pack.

But as for what ou should do, 401 is a must (if it's open by then). Reno, Flag, Bear, Deadman is a great epic loop.

There really isn't anything too technical in CB so what trails you should do is a little more dependent on your endurance and how much climbing you feel like doing.

It's a beautiful place and you'll have a blast. Make sure you go to Tecali tamale on your first day there, you'll probably end up going for every meal :)