Quantcast

Wanted:Riding coach

stuntmanmike

Chimp
May 20, 2008
Hey,
I've been riding for a pretty long time ,I've also raced pro moto-cross & competed in snowboard competitions all over the country.However after a serious Injury to my arm at Diablo last year, Ive lost my confidence.I don't know what it is but I just get really nervous now when it comes to the obstacles (wooden features,wall rides,ramps etc.)which are the things that attracted me to this type of riding to begin with.I guess I'm afraid of hurting my arm again....a year of physical therapy will do that to you.What I'm looking for is an experienced rider to help me get my groove back.I'm prepared to pay $100 per 2 hour session at Diablo on Saturdays.So if this sounds interesting to you hit this thread up & help me make this happen.

jbogner

Monkey
May 8, 2006
Fort Collins, CO

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
MIKE.... MIKE....

I was there when you got hurt man remember.... i saw you opening day.... they way i deal with fear on trails is i do the easy stuff until i'm comfy or bored of it, and step up....

One of my biggest fears is Ladder bridges.... to this day i do not or hate to hit Tripple Drop (one of the easiest trails) because of the tiny things.... it's mental... just keep riding, your wings will grow again... take your time, you're just getting back....

but if you feel you need a coach, go for it!

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Jim D is the answer!(or is that AI? hmm..)

good idea - park or fr or DH jim will show you how its done, and be a cool mf to boot!

Anyone know if Lars (Tribus) still does any coaching?

Mtblucaso

Chimp
Nov 25, 2007
joey and jp are the perfect help b/c all they do is call you names till you do it like what chris said
no but id be glad to help you for $70 on saturday ill pm with full detail

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
joey and jp are the perfect help b/c all they do is call you names till you do it like what chris said
no but id be glad to help you for $70 on saturday ill pm with full detail
because im sure he wants a underskilled 12 year old showing him how to ride right... :crazy:

anyway-go with jim D

road2nowhere

Monkey
May 13, 2007
having joey yell at you all day would work extremely well. but what works for me is jsut doing and to stay confident in yourself. to be completely honest i still get scared doing stuff but never hesitate cause thats when you'll get hurt.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
having joey yell at you all day would work extremely well. but what works for me is jsut doing and to stay confident in yourself. to be completely honest i still get scared doing stuff but never hesitate cause thats when you'll get hurt.
Critical

Dont start what you dont plan to finish, or YOU DIE!