Quantcast

Wanted = Women's Mountain Bike - Small!!

Raacerx

Monkey
I am posting this here cause the bike needs to be local enough for her to try. Hoping that maybe someone is upgrading or has the ex's bike still in the garage...

Need a women's mountain bike, in the $400-$600 used range. Something womens small or extra small. She is 5'1", short!!! Condition is not a big deal, I can fix it up. Nothing too old, I am hoping for a bike that was originally around $1000 so it can handle some real rides. Want to make sure she likes the sport before biting the bullet on a real ride.

I can travel all over the Bay Area if the bike sounds good.

Raacerx

Monkey
Saw a Titus Motolite on Craigslist a few days ago with a Canondale Lefty.

Might still be there.
they want a good bit of money, but that thing would be perfecto! I am thinking that finding a frame is probably the best bet, but i am open to full bikes too. For some reason that Titus never came up on my searches, despite searching for small and extra small and womens and girls.

Otherwise, i can get GT, Raleigh, and Diamond Back employee purchase. GT makes a Women's Avalanche with hydraulic disc brakes and a semi-legit fork in size 13" with like a 25" standover. Might be the way to go, just upgrade a few parts.

Any suggestions? Probably want to stick with a hardtail since she'll be commuting on it sometimes.