Quantcast

warranty OR hosed?

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
I was riding into work this morning on my On-One 456 and I looked down and see some light between my crankarm and the bottom bracket (Stylo GXP with and outboard bb; less than a year old).

Crap! The crankarm is loose.

No big deal, right? I have a friend who works near my office drop by an 8mm so I can tighten it back up.

CRAP! I find out that the arm is coming loose because the threads on the inside of the BB are shot.

It seems odd that the threads on the inside of a steel spindle stripped out before the threads on an aluminum bolt.

Is this a warranty situation or should I order a set of Raceface Evolves right now and save myself some hassle.

Edit: Pictures

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Definitely call Truvativ. Absolute worst case is the guy is a jerk to you and tells you to kiss off. Best case you get a replacement without it costing you a penny.

vibiker

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Santa Clara / Vashon
binary visions said:
Absolute worst case is the guy is a jerk to you and tells you to kiss off. Best case you get a replacement without it costing you a penny.
And if its the former, call back in about a week and hopefully speak to someone different.:mumble:

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
binary visions said:
Definitely call Truvativ. Absolute worst case is the guy is a jerk to you and tells you to kiss off. Best case you get a replacement without it costing you a penny.
Thanks man.

I called and they said "Gosh that doesn't sound right, have your shop send it in."

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Now you just gotta hope that the warranty guy that receives your package and processes your claim is as nice as the guy on the phone ;)