Quantcast

washinton shore style

Jun 8, 2006
Washington
k so ive been buildin with my friends, cause our local trails have hardly any shore stuff, mostly full of XC guys, my questioin is where are there some good shore style stuff, like stuff to ride all day, we went and checked out this place we heard of in Enumclaw, we found like 5 or 6 old ladders scattered around on the ground but no real stunts, just potential.

basically i just wanna know where some good shore style trails are that i can ride all day, ive heard of japanese gulch, which i hear has some big ****, along with some good stuff up towards snoqualmie,i'm not looking for ne thing death defying, just a good time, im a rookie, i just wanna ride. i have no idea how to get to any of these or if there are more, so anyone willing to share any info please post here or PM me.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
see thread entitled "looking for trail off russian road"

also, try searching, directions to most all of the trails around the state have been posted in the last 2 months

Jun 8, 2006
Washington
im like an hour out of Seattle if that helps, something in that range

i have heard of SST and have been to the DJ's there, i am probably checking out those trails soon with a friend who knows the area., any suggestions other than that?

kona-ryder

Monkey
Jul 18, 2006
Above you on the podium.
So, do you live north or south of Seattle? You might wanna check out Galbraith. You can just hit the trails, or if you want you can hit the techy stunts off to the side. Perfect for begginer to intermediate rider.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Slim chance of anybody giving you directions online - too much risk of the wrong people getting the right info (i.e. - sabotage).
Definitely talk to folks if/when you go to SST. That is where I found out about some amazing trails in this area.

What Netguy just said, too!

Jun 8, 2006
Washington
Im southeast of Seattle, right on the edge of the cascade foothills, theres some serious trail potential in some spots over here, but nothing yet.

I can totally understand no one giving info, i'll definatley ask around then. thanks

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
Cap forest, I've never been but heard its prime riding, don't know about "shore style" though

:quote: theres some serious trail potential :quote: haivng trails of your own to show people is a powerful bargaining tool

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
Or hit up Pemberton, if you can make it there. Easily one of the better freeride trail systems around. Tons more flow than the shore. You dont need a truck to shuttle it now. They have smoothed out the road. Hmmmm....Cop Killer.

nuclear 674

Monkey
Aug 12, 2005
ahead of you!!!
if your southeast of seattle one hour or so you can come ride at gregs if your interested. cap forest is cool, but super muddy right now and no stunts. let me know if you want to check out gregs

Jun 8, 2006
Washington
sorry i guess i didnt really get too specific as to what type of riding i like/do, im not real into XC, more the freeriding, ladders, jumps, stuff like that, i like DH too, tho i do not have the rig for it right now

fattyfat1

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
Kelso, WA
go to Post canyon in Hood River OR. it's about three hours from you, nearly rideable all year, and has great stunts for all abilities. if you want pics, goto Gorge freeride associations website. just google it, i'm too lazy to post a link for ya. there is everything from a skills area to 40 foot gaps, you choose how brave you wanna be.

Hack

Chimp
May 8, 2004
Portland
Post isn't ridable all year. When it's wet it's super muddy. Not in a good way. Plus they get snow. Falls city is good year round though.