Quantcast

watched Wife Swap last night. I need to kill myself now

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
TheInedibleHulk said:
<snip>
Reality shows are the worst thing that has happened to TV, EVER. We as americans are mocking our own stupidity and ignorance, anyone who thinks that the pathetic lives of the morons they put on TV are funny, are morons themselves.
But let us not forget that reality TV has been around for over a decade now. It's only recently that the big networks have jumped on the bandwagon. And yes, it's always been dumb. And yes, I did watch "The Real World" when I was in college. There are dozens upon dozens of hours of my life that I'll never get back.

-S.S.-

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
dh girlie said:
Oh seinfeld was hysterical, don't get me wrong...what I'm trying to say is...so what if people watch reality tv...its no different than parking your ass in front of the tv watching any other show...it cracks me up how people get all uppity about tv...it's ENTERTAINMENT...like watching a movie......reading a book or a magazine...going to a concert or the theater...it's friggin entertainment and you're (not YOU personally, just a generalization) are no better than anyone else because you avoid reality tv...it's funny...whether its staged or not...it's damn funny...well...some of it is...
I disagree. Not all entertainment is created equal. That's kind of like saying The Seed of Chucky is no better or worse from an entertainment perspective than, say, The Lord of the Rings.

-S.S.-

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
SkaredShtles said:
I disagree. Not all entertainment is created equal. That's kind of like saying The Seed of Chucky is no better or worse from an entertainment perspective than, say, The Lord of the Rings.

-S.S.-

I would dissagree to some extent. while I like both those movies (well, haven't seen chucky yet but it's right up my Alley ;)) if you let my mother watch either of them, she wouldn't. and she would tell you how your soul will burn in a lake of fire for watching them.
:nuts:
entertainment is in the eye of the beholder.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
pnj said:
I would dissagree to some extent. while I like both those movies (well, haven't seen chucky yet but it's right up my Alley ;)) if you let my mother watch either of them, she wouldn't. and she would tell you how your soul will burn in a lake of fire for watching them.
:nuts:
entertainment is in the eye of the beholder.
Haven't you killed yourself yet? :think: :D

-S.S.-

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:

-S.S.-

Well knights in armor, dragons, hobbits, etc. are no more real than a butcher knife weilding possessed doll! HAHAHA! Like I could never sit throught LOTR...but you might be able to...and that's ok...if you like that, you like it...your choice...me...if I had my druthers, I'd be waiting at the movie theater door this minute to get into the first showing of Seed of Chucky!!! :D

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
Don't you have the popup blocker turned on?

-S.S.-

Yup - It was more of a firefox box asking me to run an executable. Ya - F you unknown executable file. :mumble:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
What do you think about garlic ice cream?

-S.S.-

I personally do not care much for garlic, but I do not get all crazy mad and insulting to the people that eat it and enjoy it...we are about 40 minutes south of Gilroy...the Garlic Capital of the World! And they have this HUGE Garlic Festival every year...and they serve garlic everything...including garlic ice cream...personally just hearing the words 'garlic' and 'ice cream' in the same sentence turns my stomach, but if you enjoy garlic ice cream, then have at it...enjoy! I LOVE pumpkin flavored ice cream...I had some a couple weeks ago and it was DEEEELISHUS!

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I will hold to the assertion that all entertainment is not created equal.

-S.S.-

That is fine...I won't say anything about you and all the other LOTR fans being total nerds if you don't say anything about me and the other chucky fans being dorks...But I bet no one will show up at the movie tonight in a costume! :D

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
SkaredShtles said:
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I will hold to the assertion that all entertainment is not created equal.

-S.S.-
it may not be created equal but what is entertainment is still subjective.

:thumb:

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
People show up to movies in *costumes*?!? :confused: :think:

-S.S.-

Don't act like you never noticed while you were walking up, with your hand in your pants, to get in line with the other Trekkies to see The Wrath of Kahn. SP???

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
loco-gringo said:
Don't act like you never noticed while you were walking up, with your hand in your pants, to get in line with the other Trekkies to see The Wrath of Kahn. SP???
Wrath of Khan (note spelling)?? Nope..... I did go see Conan the Barbarian, though. It was the first R-rated movie I'd ever seen. Boobies! :D

-S.S.-

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
dh girlie said:
I was...and I have no idea where you are from so I thought I'd share that rather interesting fact...and try and make you look not funny with the garlic ice cream theory, but it backfired!
Wife lived in Sac/Bay Area for a couple years. In fact, I met her in Tahoe on a ski trip. She went with a friend to the garlic festival.

Good try, though. :thumb: :eviltongu

-S.S.-

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
Ok...well...have you heard of the Mushroom Mardi Gras, then? In Morgan Hill? I hear they have mushroom ice cream...

You should be placed in jail for even uttering the words.