Quantcast

Waterfall Sequence (pics included)

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Here is a sequence of pics of me going down the waterfall section at Windrock, TN.

BOOM!

Thanks Flow for the pics.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
CBJ,

you drop off a road crossing down a pretty steep pitch. the trail turns to the right and you enter the waterfall section. That is what you see at the top of the first picture. Once you turn right down into the section I generally stay under controller speed until I get my front wheel pointing straight then I let off and roll out. However with the cameraman there I was trying to boost off the first of the two rock drops you see. You don't have a ton of speed so I usually clip my rear wheel as seen in the pics aswell. Really fun section. For our races this is on the pro/expert course only.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
profro said:
Here is a sequence of pics of me going down the waterfall section at Windrock, TN.

BOOM!

Thanks Flow for the pics.
:stupid:

I can't beleive that camera took that good of pics. My Sony sucks. But I've never seen a sequence of the waterfall and it look killer. Thanks...eh. :p

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Looks awesome.......i want to make it down there someday.......

Looks similiar to the trails i got near my house......

The more rock the better.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Man that looks like so much fun. Challenging but fun, in the way Northstar is for me.

Also looks like you've got it pretty dialed Profo, solid riding for sure. Been down that chute once or twice? :sneaky:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Metal said:
profro must be some big pozer because he is wearing full pads. Come on, the motocross guys just wear sandals and a beanie.
;) Ha ha I remember seeing a picture of you a long time ago jumping over a fire or something with flip flops on. You're core for sure. :D

If you make it out this way for Snowshoe this summer try to stop by, we'll put you up and show you around the trails.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
bizutch said:

still my favorite spot up there is the bulkhead...sure you guys didn't snap any new pics of it. Go big...

Na, that section is tired like your attempts at hijacking :love:
You need to come down so we can update your photo selection with dropout and southern rocks!

Ronny Grady

Monkey
Oct 20, 2003
Any pics of the southern rock trail? That right hand kicker after the smallish rock wallride is going to make for some sick shots! Windrock is looking great these days, that new trail from under the power line that ends up at the spine trail in unreal. That last off-camber right turn with the 6 foot drop into the creek as a penalty for over-shooting the corner adds some SERIOUS pucker factor to the trail!

As for Windrock vs. Northstar, the terrain is so different that they are hard to compare. Both equally challenging, Trail 1, Trail 2, or Southern Rock are every bit as challenging as Dogbone, Karpiel or PhoDog.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
slowseth said:
ben, is dropout that new steepass trail where i turned into superman?

You betcha! I turned into the start of that steep section and all was well until my rear brake lever went to the bar! :eek: After a healthy dose of speed I skipped off the ride around and into some little dead tree.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
It's weird...The waterfall section looks so much different when you are riding through it, or i've just never seen a photo of it at that angle...Nice shots!

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
eio said:
Werd...................I'm gonna die...... :dead:

Don't you worry Windrock is all hype, smoke, mirrors, and other camera tricks. Those sections are actually up hill. Just bring your hillclimbing pads and helmet.

:nuts:

eio

Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
PNW
spoke80 said:
Don't you worry Windrock is all hype, smoke, mirrors, and other camera tricks. Those sections are actually up hill. Just bring your hillclimbing pads and helmet.
Gee thanks, I feel so much better now.

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
profro said:
;) Ha ha I remember seeing a picture of you a long time ago jumping over a fire or something with flip flops on. You're core for sure. :D

If you make it out this way for Snowshoe this summer try to stop by, we'll put you up and show you around the trails.

How far is Windrock from Snowshoe? I definitely want to ride that place sometime. Ben also offered me to come down and ride your trails.
Are all of the trails around there rocky. I love terrain like that.