Quantcast

We lost a brother today

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
"Sometimes the line between getting the most out of life and giving up life is narrower than we realize."

Due to an accident on the 4x course at MSC #3 Chile Challenge @ Angel Fire, NM. Fellow racer & Mojo Wheels Rider 17yr old Craig Lange was severely injured. Injured so badly that he could not recover and died today from injuries sustained from the accident. My understanding is that he went OTB on the final Double in the last straight. Out of respect for his family and friends, The Mountain States Cup cancelled 4x racing at this event.

From my Team and myself I'd like to offer our condolences and prayers to his family and friends. Shred in peace buddy. You will be missed!

Last edited:

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Very sad indeed..... on behalf of myself and my family we send our condolences to his family....

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
This is a very sad loss and really hits home for other Jr riders.
Jr or not it hits everyone hard. This is not something I didnt wanted to hear tonight, best wishes to everyone.

Everyone shred for Craig Lange tomorrow. RIP Buddy.

Last edited:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
sad to hear, feel super bad for the family- What were the injuries? Preventable? Terrible either way, but hopefully it wasnt from lack of a (insert protective gear here)

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
So sad to hear. I hope his family was with him when he passed. I just lost my dad from injuries sustaned when he was hit by a car. Im so sorry for the family.

Peddler

Chimp
Apr 13, 2006
Auburn, CA
Condolences from California, Craig was clearly an excellent representative of the sport with an impressive list of finishes over the past 4 years. It is hard to imagine your grief and I pray that you find comfort in knowing he will have eternal life. Our thoughts are with you and his spirit to ride will not soon be forgotten.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Wow, that is terrible news... Healing vibes in everyone in CO and his family as well as the Mojo crew. Terrible...

Scrub

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2003
NOR CAL, Sac/CoCo County
OMG! That is sad to hear, my condolences to his family and friends and may he rest in peace.

I hope everyone keeps their spirits high and comes through this with a positive vibe.

Chris.

RussOne

Chimp
Jun 1, 2010
On behalf of the Brooklyn Bike Riders family, condolences to the family and friends.
Rest and Shred in Peace.

MrPlow

Monkey
Sep 9, 2004
Toowoomba Queensland
My thoughts and prayers are with his Family, as a father I could not think of a greater tradgedy than outliving your child. :(
Life is precious and taken for granted. Rest In Peace.

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
absolutely unfortunate news to hear from afar... thoughts are with all those who knew this young man who gave more than everything doing what he loved! We should all be so lucky when our time comes!

good on Mike/MSC coordinators to cancel the event out of respect for craig/family. I wish there was something profound or enlightening I could say in his situation but as I'm sure no one really prepared for it happening eh only thing to say is that we are all terribly sorry and hope that no-one else has to endure this....

Uncle Mayhem

Chimp
Feb 16, 2010
Our hearts are heavy here in Angel Fire. Yesterday was the darkest day our series has seen. I can tell you all, that Craig loved to ride his bike, and he was a very pleasant young man to be around. We are all trying to get on our bikes today and race DH. Shred in peace Craig.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Really sorry to hear that, and condolences for Craig's friends and family.

Jun 6, 2010
i heard about this while i was on the trail yesterday. I can't think anything that is a bigger bummer right now.

shred in peace bro.

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
That is tragic to hear. He was so young. RIP Craig. Condolences to his family and friends.

Last edited: