Quantcast

weather and the lifts...

bigboy

Chimp
Oct 20, 2005
whats the deal with the lifts if it gets sketchy out.?. me and my buddy are planning on going tomorrow from rochester and the weather changed to 60% chance of rain and thunderstorms.. i don't want to make the 5 hr drive if the lifts are going to shutdown.

any insights?

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
If a storm comes through with serious rain/wind. They will stop it. If it thunders/lightnings they shut it down as well & the rule is to wait 15min(not exact on time) until the storm passes.

mntbiker2

Monkey
Jun 30, 2007
as long as it doesnt get too windy and no lighting the lift wont get shut down....but it looks like its gonna be pretty bad weather here tomorrow...so i dont think its gonna be worth your 5 hour drive....maybe pick another nicer day if you could?

.. unless you like to ride in rain and mud lol

....just my .02 cents :)

bigboy

Chimp
Oct 20, 2005
well, that's not bad..the forecast seems to be hit or miss type rain..well 60% really isn't hit or miss.. i'm way too stoked about going to cancel the trip now.. first time there this season.. hopefully mother nature will be in a mellow mood at the mountain..

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Yeah, we went up last Friday and it was misty and foggy and they didn't even open, which is understandable, but we drove up without thinking about that possibility. It was only a couple of hours but it was a bummer to get up there and have to turn around to come back. That day accuweather said it would clear by noon and it didn't stop raining all day. Good call to wait till Saturday, clear, cool and not humid!