Quantcast

Web hosting for bike orgs

VMBA has a dot net nuke web site that was created a year or so ago. I got roped into trying to maintain it; now comes the "hey, you gotta pay for this" notice.

The hosting site is a one-man show with occasional support and unannounced version updates, which can be disorienting, like lose all your members.

What's out there for hosting, and are the prices listed below reasonable for the level of service we're getting?

Thanks,

J

"I can't believe how time flies, but there is some "business" that we need to discuss related to VMBA . Last year, I donated the cost of the vmba.org domain name and a year of portal service. At that time I indicated that I would be willing to do it free for one year, but after that I would need to be paid to help cover some of my expenses. Unfortunately, that year is over and a decision needs to be made as to whether VMBA wants to continue the service, and if so, how they want to do it. VMBA could pay the regular price of $10 for the domain name plus $12.50 per month ($160), or they could choose the entire organization offer I sent in May. That offer was $900 ($75 per month) to cover ALL VMBA chapters. I based that on 10 chapters at $7.50 per month for the premium service, but you could have as many VMBA portals as you need for that one price of $900. "

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
If he's supplying all the site software too I'd say that is a pretty good deal. Except for the losing data part - that's absurd.