Quantcast

-*- Wed GMT -*-

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Solid ride yesterday, but hot as hell. I need to wrench sometime today, my BB is kinda shot. I think.
Up at 4ish. Having coffee, watching the Tour.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Mooorning. Yesterday was hot but I scored a good ride nevertheless, gawd I love my Ibis. Social ride may or may not happen today because of aliens and scattered storms. I am becoming less enthusiastic about joining them tho, too much of fireroad spinning and too little tech singletrack bombing.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Monkeyfest starts tomorrow. Today consists of lazily slacking at work while I try to at least look productive, gym, liquor store, then packing for the weekend. I have no idea what we'll be riding this year except that we'll have at least one DH day, so I'm bringing a varied quiver of bikes: rigid 29 ss, fat bike, dh rig. This weekend will be fun.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
After four years in the project management department it still surprises me how ignorant and dumb some clients are.
And in a lot of these cases they speak french...
Coincidence?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
There was some awesome thunder and lightning here last night.

Can't wait for tonight. Riding with a few people and then headed out for beers and wings.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Got a package yesterday. Wish I could post up what it was, but I'd probably earn a new custom title. Regardless, it will be fun to put it to use.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Tough ride last night, my legs were still slammed from trail running Sunday. Still managed to push myself up everything and had a good solo ride regardless.

Not a whole lot on tap tonight other than prepping for camping this weekend. Come on Friday!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

More rain today, it's slick as hell out there. Reviewing functional specs all week, exciting! I need a nap.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Doing laps in the park last night three ladies walk right out in front of me. I have a green light but they are still crossing and don't bother looking for bikes. I do a nice sliding to the side stop in time and right away they start scolding me for my reckless driving and how bikers are out of control. I kindly remind them of the green light and the technology that enables them to cross safely when its their turn but it does not seem to sink in. They finish off saying they are calling Bloomberg I guess they were not update on who is the current mayor either. Theses are the days I can't wait for winter when the park is empty again.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Friend from SF in town last night. Had some great Chinese food and good company. I pushed my run to this morning and did ~5.6 miles at 8:45 pace. Definitely feels good to be able to hold that pace. I found myself saying "I can go faster than this, why am I not?" Good feeling.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Last day of work before heading deep into the maine woods with the boys.
4 days of no cell/web coverage, fishing and swimming will be a welcome change.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
google maps took me on a different route to DC.....77 to 81 to 211.....took me through shenandoah natl park....realised i had never gone there the decade or so i lived in virginia...

bumbfvck rural vorginia is fvcking beautiful.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Friend from SF in town last night. Had some great Chinese food and good company. I pushed my run to this morning and did ~5.6 miles at 8:45 pace. Definitely feels good to be able to hold that pace. I found myself saying "I can go faster than this, why am I not?" Good feeling.
Where the hell did you find great Chinese food in town?? Inquiring minds wanna know...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
killing time in the corcoran gallery....hot as a motherfvcker in dc.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
no wyeth in this motherfvcker....one hopper......!!!!!??????

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
google maps took me on a different route to DC.....77 to 81 to 211.....took me through shenandoah natl park....realised i had never gone there the decade or so i lived in virginia...

bumbfvck rural vorginia is fvcking beautiful.

It sucks out here. All these mountains get in the way of our trails.

The worst part is, on most mountain rides you never see another person. Damn near impossible to use traffic as an excuse for bad Strava times.

Last edited: