Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

Just another day. Hanging in there and trying not to burn the place down or lose a finger. Gonna be another hot one, too.

Yesterday evening was nice. Took Colin fishing.....his interest level is good for about 20 minutes, and then it's off to something else. Rode around on the lawnmower for a little while and he steered around the yard for about a half hour or so.

We're only into the first week of the month and we've already burned through most of our jobs. Eeeek!!! :bonk:

Have a great day!!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! I've decided to take Friday off in order to prepare for 30+ houseguests Saturday. Is it Thursday yet?

I had my first painful PT session yesterday and my knee still hurts from it. I suppose it's a good hurt though. Good news is that I have been given the ok to ditch the crutches permanently. SWEET.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Morning. Halfway to weekend. Went to my son's string ensemble concert last night, last one of his middle school years. Suffered through a brass jazz ensemble, cleaning the dried blood from my ears today.

Let's get this over with and get on to some beer..

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
it's a whiskey and coke on the patio and read day today.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Morning y'all!

The relocation problem got sorted out yesterday. The wife didn't get the job in New Hampshire and both of us were offered jobs in Colorado. That made that decision easier.

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Morning Monkeys...work from home today..

Watching some dueling sports last night...Pens knocking off the Red Wings in game 3...and Udubb taking care of Florida for the womans softball world series. All this was accompanied with some apple chicken sausage and some Magic Hat Sumer Wacko.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning monkeys!

I've been having trouble with my knee for a while, and finally had my trainer look at it. Apparently, I have inflamed cartilage. Course of treatment is anti-inflammatories and ice.
What is it with knee injuries lately. My brother called me (half in the bag) to ask my advice on what to do with his knee. He just had an MRI and met with his Dr. & Surgeon about some ACL damage, meniscus damage and he isn't sure which course to take. He's pretty anti-surgery (cost, time off work--he owns his own construction business) so he's leaning toward cortizone and meds.

Protect those knees monkeys!!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
'Morning! I've decided to take Friday off in order to prepare for 30+ houseguests Saturday. Is it Thursday yet?

I had my first painful PT session yesterday and my knee still hurts from it. I suppose it's a good hurt though. Good news is that I have been given the ok to ditch the crutches permanently. SWEET.
Congratulations on ditching the crutches!!!

Have you ever used Biofreeze...that stuff is AMAZING!!! I got some samples from my PT and then he let me buy a whole tube.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Morning all. Just had a great trumpet lesson with 2 of my jazz players...they've really come a long way this year and I hope that it's because I encourage and challenge them!

Last night Syd & I played, did puzzles, read princess stories, took a long bubble bath and snuggled up together to watch Pochantas. What a great night! Tonight is a memorial road ride for Natalia and then early bed time for me so I can get up and ride to work tomorrow too.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
accompanied with some apple chicken sausage
I'm trying to process this, and I'm a little confused. Are we talking apple-flavored chicken mixed in sausage, or apples with chicken in sausage casings, or apples, chicken and sausage in patties? ......I mean, either way it sounds delicious, but need further clarification. :help:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm trying to process this, and I'm a little confused. Are we talking apple-flavored chicken mixed in sausage, or apples with chicken in sausage casings, or apples, chicken and sausage in patties? ......I mean, either way it sounds delicious, but need further clarification. :help:
Chicken dicks in apple sauce, AKA Coq de pomme

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Its post XC bike day today. Sold my trusty Kona Chute yesterday. The mtb I have had the longest. A nice guy bought it so it should see some good use.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Morning all. Just had a great trumpet lesson with 2 of my jazz players...they've really come a long way this year and I hope that it's because I encourage and challenge them!
My son's school band needs a teacher like you. Their jazz band brass section blew last night. I understand they are middle schoolers, but jeez. Question TS, do you as the conductor often play with quartets, taking the solos and having the students accompany you? Theirs did last night and i found that odd.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
That apple chicken sausage looks good.

Congratulations on ditching the crutches!!!

Have you ever used Biofreeze...that stuff is AMAZING!!! I got some samples from my PT and then he let me buy a whole tube.
Never even heard of Biofreeze. I could use some right now though. My knee is all sorts of achy today. Stupid PT Girl.

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007

Never even heard of Biofreeze. I could use some right now though. My knee is all sorts of achy today. Stupid PT Girl.
Too bad the shamwow guy isnt doing commercials for it....

"You're going to love my sausage!!"

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
My son's school band needs a teacher like you. Their jazz band brass section blew last night. I understand they are middle schoolers, but jeez. Question TS, do you as the conductor often play with quartets, taking the solos and having the students accompany you? Theirs did last night and i found that odd.
Thanks! As a conductor, I do play sometimes (especially when I only have 1 trombone in my jazz group or if a kid is absent), but I NEVER take the solos...the parents are at the performance to hear their child not me. I always find it weird when teachers feature themselves on a student program.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003

Definitely check it out...it's great! I have even used it during 24 hour races when I get sore. If you can't get it, I can always drop by the PT office and send you some.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
More bad news on my front. After coming across the fallen rider who ended up passing last Thursday, my teammate and Webcyclery worker Andrey got hit by a car while out training yesterday on his bike. The driver reached for his cellphone and swerved into the biking lane, hitting Andrey from behind. His helmet broke in multiple places....BROKE, not cracked. They airlifted him to the hospital and he is doing ok now. Road rash EVERYWHERE.

Heal up Andrey.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
So.....no actual sausage involved--just the casing? This is an egregious error and the elimination of said sausage from something titled "sausage" is both confusing and sad to me. I hereby withdraw my previous declaration of "delicious" and replace it with "meh."
I'm raiding his house at lunch, so I'll let you know how it is for another perspective.:biggrin:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So.....no actual sausage involved--just the casing? This is an egregious error and the elimination of said sausage from something titled "sausage" is both confusing and sad to me. I hereby withdraw my previous declaration of "delicious" and replace it with "meh."
:stupid:

Although there is a local butcher here that makes it and it's awesome. My daughter loves it with just a small amount of honey mustard.

Morning Monkey's. I have a pre-interview lunch meeting with a local recruiter. Free lunch is good, I have little interest in the company he is pitching, though. With any luck I'll hear from Ashland this week.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
More bad news on my front. After coming across the fallen rider who ended up passing last Thursday, my teammate and Webcyclery worker Andrey got hit by a car while out training yesterday on his bike. The driver reached for his cellphone and swerved into the biking lane, hitting Andrey from behind. His helmet broke in multiple places....BROKE, not cracked. They airlifted him to the hospital and he is doing ok now. Road rash EVERYWHERE.

Heal up Andrey.
:( Definitely sending Andrey healing vibes. We had a local rider pass away on Sunday too during a road race. This has not been a good few weeks for cyclists! Be safe you :monkey:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Heal up Andrey.
That sucks. Heal up quick, Andrey.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good morning monkies!

Dahlia went for her first bike ride last night, she enjoyed it for 45 minutes or so, but then decided she did not want to be strapped down any more. It was great to be back on a bike again...I just need to get my pedaling legs back.

Have a good day everyone!

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....

Heal up Andrey.
That really sucks. Hopefully Andrey will heal up quickly.

Luckdog

Chimp
May 21, 2009
Cape cod area
Good morn well on my way to Oakland r we having fun yet.

Planes are just a great place to be when a kid screams for 4 hrs. Drug the freaking screamer.I guess that is why god gave us beer Lol well u all have great day.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder

Heal up Andrey.
man that sucks. hope he turns out fine, and quickly.

two weekends ago out on the road i had a cadillac pass me and then drift over to the far side of the road...:plthumbsdown:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Good morning monkies!

Dahlia went for her first bike ride last night, she enjoyed it for 45 minutes or so, but then decided she did not want to be strapped down any more. It was great to be back on a bike again...I just need to get my pedaling legs back.

Have a good day everyone!

Yeah!!! I'll never forget Syd's first ride. She had fun, dozed off and when we got home it was time for her to nurse.

Just wait until she's old enough to sing you songs while she rides.

Enjoy!!!